2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2018 Ford Escape. After 2 weeks began to get bulb faults for trailer hookup and no trailer hooked up. The dealer finally found that a water leak from roof rack installation was running down passenger side rear panel and entering fuse panel. The leak was repaired but the problem stll exists. The steady warning is very annoying everytime I apply brakes or use turn signals. Apparently other people have had the same problem. What is the answer in or:(der to rectify the malfunctuin?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Recently purchased a 2018 Ford Escape. After 2 weeks began to get bulb faults for trailer hookup and no trailer hooked up. The dealer finally found that a water leak from roof rack installation was running down passenger side rear panel and entering fuse panel. The leak was repaired but the problem stll exists. The steady warning is very annoying everytime I apply brakes or use turn signals. Apparently other people have had the same problem. What is the answer in or:(der to rectify the malfunctuin?
They repaired the leak but, did they dry out the panel and clean any affected circuits? You now most likely have corrosion in or around the panel that is creating a short thus causing the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They repaired the leak but, did they dry out the panel and clean any affected circuits? You now most likely have corrosion in or around the panel that is creating a short thus causing the problem.
they said that they dried out the area and cleaned the circuit but problem continues. Is a new fuse panel and fuses needed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem after going through a car wash. Water got in the 7 pin trailer connector and caused the shorting. I cleaned out the water but it took a while before the connector was thoroughly dry. After that, everything worked fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Short

I had similar problem after a big snowstorm about a year ago. I finally cleaned the contacts in the pin, there was some corrosion. And now make sure to keep the rubber cap on the connector.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem, opened up pin connector for trailer and cleaned off corrosion and wiped dielectric grease into openings. Water gets into connection causing corrosion setting off warning indicators.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts