2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape SE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new here, very happy to have found this site! Recently purchased (AS IS) used 2017 Ford Escape SE from dealership in Ames, IA. Was tickled to death with my new to me vehicle until day 1 radio reception is horrid, day 2 when the display screen only works when it feels like it. Day 10 the "transmission fault service now"
Font Screenshot Technology Display device Auto part

warning pops up. Day 11 the service engine symbol comes on & stays on...grrrrr. Called the dealership, who promptly reminded I opted not to purchase their service agreement for life of loan and vehicle was purchased AS IS. I kindly explained to them I had just received prompt to leave them (dealership) a review regarding my purchase, told them I'd be glad to leave a scathing review. Long & short of it is - service manager agreed to take a look at my vehicle and see if there was anything he could do. Service department ended up flushing & refilling transmission fluid and said that should take care of the problem for the next 35,000 miles. Needless to say, it did not. Looking for any advice or someone who has had same service light come on. I certainly don't want to have to replace a transmission to the tune of $3000! I appreciate any input you may have.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,835 Posts
That should have thrown a few DTCs unless the sole problem was that it was really low on fluid.
At which point I'd ask "where's the leak".

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
When you had the transmission serviced was the warning still visible or did it go off and come on again at some later stage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts