2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there - I was changing to winter tires and I saw a big puddle underneath my car, initially I thought it was an oil leak but then I realized it’s transmission fluid. Also when I check my oil tank is empty, not sure how that would happen.
I have a picture what it looked like, attached with this post.

any ideas what it could be.

thanks
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Metalworking Rim

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,835 Posts
2013-2015 were known to have issues with the LH axle seal.
Also if the car is now 8+ years old you can expect seals to start cracking and rotting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, maybe that could explain why the oil tank is also empty. Appreciate it.
Is it safe to drive it to the auto shop.

Hi there - I was changing to winter tires and I saw a big puddle underneath my car, initially I thought it was an oil leak but then I realized it’s transmission fluid. Also when I check my oil tank is empty, not sure how that would happen.
I have a picture what it looked like, attached with this post.

any ideas what it could be.

thanks
View attachment 80474

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,835 Posts
Just curious, how did you determine the "tank" was dry since there isn't a dipstick?
Fluid level on these is determined by having the vehicle on a level surface with the engine running and pulling the bolt from the touch hole. If fluid starts to drip out or it's just below the threads the tranny is full.
If its not slipping you should be able to drive it to a shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just curious, how did you determine the "tank" was dry since there isn't a dipstick?
Fluid level on these is determined by having the vehicle on a level surface with the engine running and pulling the bolt from the touch hole. If fluid starts to drip out or it's just below the threads the tranny is full.
If its not slipping you should be able to drive it to a shop.
I meant the oil tank was dry, checked that with the dipstick but yes you are correct since it doesn’t come with a dipstick it would be hard to say but there was lots of fluid which did not look Lall like oil underneath the car. I eventually had it towed to the auto shop since I didn’t want any further damages to transmission.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking to change my transmission fluid in a 2013 Escape Titanium. Do you fill it from the drain plug or is there a side plug used to fill (up to that level and no more).

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,485 Posts
I am looking to change my transmission fluid in a 2013 Escape Titanium. Do you fill it from the drain plug or is there a side plug used to fill (up to that level and no more).
This might help 6F35 Level Plug Location (the search function should give you a lot of threads on the subject.)

Reactions: Gryffindor101

·
Registered
6 Posts
Speaking of transmission oil, has anyone drained the fluid by disconnecting the cooling line to the radiator ... which drains the torque converter and transmisstion.? I hate leaving extra dirty oil in the torque converter.. Does this method work ok ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts