2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate detailing cars. The last time I waxed my Scion FR-S was 11/2017. So I guess it's due. I'm a Meguiar's carnauba paste wax guy, but since it's a lot less work I gave Turtle Wax's new Ice Seal N Shine Spray Wax a try. Also being on sale at Walmart and Amazon for $4.80 for a 16 oz bottle is a plus. Do a Google search for reviews. There are several YouTube videos.
https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-50984-Sealant-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B07NW9D8FG
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Wax-Ice-Seal-N-Shine-16oz/550634253
This is a hybrid water based carnauba/siloxanes wax. Wash your car, spray it on a panel at a time, wipe it off with a microfiber cloth, done, extremely easy. It took me about 20 minutes, and the shine is about the same as with straight carnauba paste wax. If you get it on the black vinyl/rubber it leaves no residue. It also has a very pleasant smell.
My Escape is next. I can't remember when I waxed it last.
Here's a few pics of my FR-S.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, I dunno anyone who uses Megs carnuba anymore... Chemistry has come a long way since! ;)
I've heard the Turtle Wax Ice isn't shabby...
I love Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax (it's actually a sealant) for easy of use and decent shine/protection. I'll top it off with BlackFire ivory carnuba for gloss and added protection.
Upload pics of the FE when you get 'er done.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
902 Posts
I prefer Collinite 845 Insulator wax. Never bothered polishing the car since new since it is always garaged.

I just use the Collinite stuff every 6 months for a mirror like finish which beads water for months.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I prefer Collinite 845 Insulator wax. Never bothered polishing the car since new since it is always garaged.

I just use the Collinite stuff every 6 months for a mirror like finish which beads water for months.
I asked my dealer not to wash mine before delivery, and as expected, the paint is swirl/scratch free. But it still could use a machine polishing as the reflectivity is rather "hazy"...
Maybe later this year...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I finally got around to washing and waxing the Escape. I picked up a small Stanley electric pressure washer last year from Walmart for ~$60. It's been sitting in the box and decided to try washing the Escape with it and Turtle Wax Zip Wax Car Wash. It's cheap, ~$5./gal, and a little bit goes a long way, but doubt that it leaves any wax behind. The combo worked well. Dried it with microfiber cloths and waxed it with Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine Spray Wax. I used 303 Aerospace Protectant spray on the the black vinyl. I'm pleased with the results and how much less time and effort it took.
Here's a few pics. It's overcast today and has been raining on and off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also love to use Turtle wax for a long time. When I had a Toyota Corolla, then I used a Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine. Currently, I am using Turtle Wax T-3KT black box kit for my black Ford Escape. This kit has come with a pre-wax cleaner, carnauba wax, spray detailer, and applicator pads. This pre-wax cleaner is very effective to remove scratches and swirl marks. And, the carnauba wax presents a deep and glossy shine and true black color. It provides a long-lasting shine of my car. If you have a black one, you should know about the detail of the wax before trying any other wax.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I switched from Mother's to 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax years ago. Excellent, but can be hard to get off is left on too long.

Bought Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax No. 845 after a lot of the younger guys in the area here on a VW/Audi site said they use it. Very easy to use. Detailed our Escapes a couple of weeks ago and used Collinite.845.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
902 Posts
I switched from Mother's to 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax years ago. Excellent, but can be hard to get off is left on too long.

Bought Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax No. 845 after a lot of the younger guys in the area here on a VW/Audi site said they use it. Very easy to use. Detailed our Escapes a couple of weeks ago and used Collinite.845.
I never worry about clay barring or polishing and have only ever used Collinite 845 wax on my car every 6 months since new. It is always garaged so only need one coat and the bottle lasts forever.
In winter it tends to form a paste inside the bottle but it is only a matter of putting the bottle in warm water for 10 minutes to make it liquid again and the manufacturers of the stuff advise you to do that as it makes it much easier to use.

·
Super Moderator
765 Posts
Turtle Wax's new Ice Seal N Shine Spray Wax
I've got some of this. I don't wax often. In fact, the older I get the less I bother to wax. What attracted me to this product was it was okay to get it on the plastic parts that are slowly becoming the majority of the vehicle over time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts