2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just uploaded my unleashed Tune 94 oct from BDX and wow never new it would be this good on the 2.0. I was amazed when I had Torrie tune my fusion sport 2.7L but never thought the 2.0 ecoboost was this quick I'm hitting 21.7 lbs of boost and the shifts feel crisp and precise. We have not done any revisions yet but plan to for further improvement and refinement.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,879 Posts
I'm hitting 21.7 lbs of boost
From previous posts that's pretty much standard boost for the twin scroll.

the shifts feel crisp and precise
I think the auto trans programming and removing/ lowering of power limiting is where the gains are made.

It's something I'd like to do with mine but I've got 15 months warranty left.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
First of all congratulations!

I had an Unleashed Tune on my old Escape and one day my friend and I were going onto the highway. He has Subaru WRX (non-STi) with average mods with his own tune and he gunned it going on up the straight ramp and I stayed pretty much on his butt all the way up to the highway. My friend was surprised but I reminded him that I also had a ton of torque too and that torque hits pretty much at 2500-3000 RPMs. So yes, an Escape with a good tune can do wonders.

What year is your Escape again?

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Mine is a 2017.
Cool! I met many Escape tuners who tuned the pre-2017 models but never the post 2017.

Did you use HP Tuners for you car?

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Unleashed tuning did the tune I use a bully dog BDX.
Interesting. I guess I'm not very familiar with Bully Dog BDX should look into it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have the SCT BDX in my 2018 fusion sport which is the same thing from the same company just branded different. You can buy the windshield mount for a super clean Install and can monitor everything. I personally like it for it's cloud data log upload and tune download feature. So my tuner can send me my tune from the cloud and it simply downloads to my BDX, also when I do a pull in the car and data log it i simple press 2 buttons and it sends the file straight to my email on my phone which then I email to my tuner for him to make adjustments. At that point he sends the revised file to the cloud service which ends up on my BDX this continues back and forth till he is satisfied with the tune.

·
Super Moderator
2,879 Posts
Unleashed do offer the HP Tuners option as well for the Escape. HPTuners MPVI2

The functionality of the BDX for updating and logging sounds really good.

·
Super Moderator
2,879 Posts
HP Tuners seems very easy to use for a DIYer- I've been keen on it for that aspect. eg. Couldn't help myself . I'm not sure if you bought one through Unleashed if it would come fully unlocked or with restrictions though?

Can you do similar with the BDX?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There basically the same principle you can make several adjustments your self with the BDX but as far as tuning goes you can not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2018 escape 2.0 se. I did a custom exhaust. I got my resignator taken off and a k&n air filter. My car sounds awesome. The exhaust is 3" too.
20200625_114212.jpg
I have 29.7 boost on it also. And this is an hp tune too. I'm about to get a cold air intake on it. I would have done it before but I didn't have enough $ though

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
I have 29.7 boost on it also. And this is an hp tune too. I'm about to get a cold air intake on it. I would have done it before but I didn't have enough $ though
Wow...great numbers! Where did you get your tune?

·
Super Moderator
2,879 Posts
Reactions: Vader101
1 - 17 of 17 Posts