2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i received my blow off valve adapter for my escape. I feel really stupid but when i was installing it. I went to the wrong location. The bov is under the cowl not next to the passenger wheel well. Be fore i found that out i had the car in the air and the wheel off and under the car thank god to. My jack failed and my escape fell while i was under the fender. Im fine but now i need a new jack and wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
858 Posts
Ack, Haileybug! We're fortunate that you're okay and able to feel really stupid! I'm thankful you weren't injured or worse. Consider buying a jack stand or two that you can put somewhere under the raised portion of the vehicle in case something like this happens again.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,616 Posts
Never, never get under a vehicle that is only sitting on the jack. You're very lucky to have not been seriously hurt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Boomba BOV adapter on my 1.5T and let me tell you it sounds great, I only have a green air filter with the housing removed but am planning on putting a real cold air intake system so that should boost the sound even more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts