2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2016 escape titanium awd 2.0
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded Cyanlabs update and had to problem with installing it. Everything works great. Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated
Also I have 1 other question. I still have to replace my USB hub with updated 1 but was wondering if I can replace it with 1 that has a USB and also type c charger in it or do I have to replace it with a regular dual one.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Also I have 1 other question. I still have to replace my USB hub with updated 1 but was wondering if I can replace it with 1 that has a USB and also type c charger in it or do I have to replace it with a regular dual one.
Do you want to replace it to get Apple Car Play?
In any case they are only regular dual USB ports to my knowledge.

· Registered
2016 escape titanium awd 2.0
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I seen on ford's website the offer duals like what I have and 1 that has both styles in it. The reason I want to change is for android auto. It says I have to and I am only able to connect phone for phone use and not android auto through Bluetooth. I tried using pandora etc but not able to. Other cars I could connect through Bluetooth and didn't need a cord.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Yep, many with your model have bought this later hub to get Android auto. ;)
You may also be able to get it cheaper through a third party like Amazon rather than Ford.

· Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,926 Posts
Your issue here might be whether or not the USB A/C hub fits in the console opening since Ford has more than one variation.
If you look on the 2gfusions.net site one of the guys there did an MFT to Sync 3 upgrade (which uses the Escape module) and later did the USB A/C module swap out. That should get you the right part number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts