2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using the touchscreen only the audio part. I get a message that says usb maybe using too much energy and may not work right. It will pop up with an ok screen. When you touch ok it keeps giving the same message. Any suggestions? 2015 escape

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
When using the touchscreen only the audio part. I get a message that says usb maybe using too much energy and may not work right. It will pop up with an ok screen. When you touch ok it keeps giving the same message. Any suggestions? 2015 escape
You might take a picture and post. I have never heard of that. What if anything do you have plugged into USB port? Are you using it to charge a phone?

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
What is the device and what version of sync are you running.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sync with my ford touch. I’m not sure what version it is. I don’t normally use the USB port but my husband was trying to charge his phone (iPhone) and it started showing that message. I’m going to guess that he knocked something loose. It doesn’t effect the rest of the screen just the audio part.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Sync with my ford touch. I’m not sure what version it is. I don’t normally use the USB port but my husband was trying to charge his phone (iPhone) and it started showing that message. I’m going to guess that he knocked something loose. It doesn’t effect the rest of the screen just the audio part.
Have you tried a reset of the sync unit? Give that a try and see if the problem persists.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It may also be a short in the cord or one of its ends, or a damaged charging port on your device. I've had a bad cord make my laptop tell me (basically) the same thing. Hopefully, it's not the USB port in your Escape. Can always test with a spare charging cable, and if it still does it, hook your phone up to your computer like you're charging it and see if it gives you a warning. Unplug it immediately if it does, of course. Yes, my laptop is fine, and functions normally after that incident.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts