2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Escape Titanium
268 Posts
I myself switched as well in part to experiment with the NGK ruthenium plugs. It was noted by the service manager that the late model engines are very picky about what spark plug gets used. I am happy with the performance of these plugs as well.
That's for sure. In another care I have, if you don't replace the plugs with the OEM brand and a specific plug number you've got about a 75% chance it's going to run worse than whatever reason made you decide to change the plugs.
And be careful with newer plugs. More and more are coming pre-gapped so you don't have to use a feeler gauge to scrape off the plating on the electrodes that makes them 'special.'

·
Registered
2014 Escape Titanium
268 Posts
I am well aware. However the NGK Ruthenium plugs are quite stable. I drive hundreds of miles a week and if anything the engine is more stable. I am certain the service manager will take a close look at my vehicle to help asses this.
I've been an NGK user in my race cars. I'm not knocking their product. I'm just saying, this is the sign of the times for spark plugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts