2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I recently changed the spark plugs on my 2020 escape 1.5L I3. I know the spark plugs can tell you a lot about the overall heath of your engine but I’m not 100% sure what to look for. Figured I’d post a picture of them here and see what you all think. These are factory spark plugs with 50K miles on them.

I still have them if closer pictures/different angles would be better.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Incorrect, plug wear varies by engine, fuel and driving conditions.
They will go 100k under "normal" operating conditions, however if you look in the owner's manual under the definition of "severe" service you'd be surprised to find that most owners fall into that category.
[/QUOTE

I’m sure the ones that one from the factory are pretty cheap 😂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just reset my MPG on my dash every oil change. I was previously getting 29 and when I posted this I had about 150 miles on the new plugs and my average was 36. It’s seemed to average out to 35 now. Either way, noticeable difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am well aware. However the NGK Ruthenium plugs are quite stable. I drive hundreds of miles a week and if anything the engine is more stable. I am certain the service manager will take a close look at my vehicle to help asses this.
I also feel that they just say that so you’ll pay them to do the work

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea I gained 8. I think it may be slightly less now that I have put more miles on it. I can only afford 87 gas so I don’t think the effect would be as good if you use premium like you should 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts