2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The other night we came up on a ST at a red light, the drivers girlfriend rolled her window down and said wanna race.........I smirked 馃槒. Let's just say we worked him twice , all the driver said was that is quick.

Premium Member
Cool.

I never took my Escape to the track but supposedly one magazine said the 2.0 liter Escape runs a 14.3 second quarter mile? I sounds awfully quick to me. If you told me it hits a high 14 second I would believe that but 14.3...wow...really?

Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
one magazine said the 2.0 liter Escape runs a 14.3 second quarter mile?
Is that for the pre or post 2020 model? They've got some quick times out of the post 2020- probably because the auto trans programming is smarter/ better?

Super Moderator

Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have a video but can't upload it , I took it with snap chat

Super Moderator
Traction off the line would be a problem for one- like any FWD.

Registered

Super Moderator
Your car must be a weapon then.... :p
That's the latest model with the 2.3l engine. It's still FWD though and getting a decent launch off the line on normal roads would be very difficult. They usually get those times on drag tracks where the traction is phenomenal. I was amazed at the launches I was getting the first time I went to a drag strip with a FWD.

Reactions: wiz043

Premium Member

Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
Discussion Starter #12
Even if he was a good driver I would have still worked him I gapped him by 2-3 car lengths both times.

Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
Discussion Starter #16
Lol it happened at the next red light again never recorded it but his girlfriend was laughing 馃ぃ馃ぃ.

Registered
Lol it happened at the next red light again never recorded it but his girlfriend was laughing 馃ぃ馃ぃ.
I have a 2019 2.0T AWD Titanium Escape & a 2017 Focus ST.....PLEASE....don't even remotely compare the fun factor between the two. If you drop the clutch at anything above 2500 RPM....SPIN. My totally stock ST will do 150mph+ and cruise at 75 mph and get 32+ mpg.

Both were purchased new ...got $9K off the Escape's sticker and about $5K off the ST's sticker.....love them both.

The ST gives me PERMAGRIN!

Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Lol Chris L you have two fun vehicles, I also have a 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X MR , 2018 Fusion Sport, and the slowest of the bunch but very fun 2017 Escape 2.0. All my cars are very enjoyable the Evo gives me a perma grin also, the Fusion Sport is fast but smooth no where near the aggressiveness of the Evo but still very quick and of course the escape a little sleeper. Here is a few pics. IMG_20180921_062436.jpg

Attachments

Registered
The only advantage the Escape has over the ST is the traction off the line for the first 3 seconds (maybe) till the ST hooks up. If I'm cruising at 70 & pull it back down into 4th ....that jump from 70 to 120 is like going to light speed. Best stock documented time slip I've seen is 1/4 mile = 14.0 at 100 mph. MotorWeek said 0-60 5.9. You gotta drop the clutch at 2500 & shift at 5500 to get best results from a stock ST. Keep in mind the ST weighs about 600 pounds less than the Escape AWD. The ST should have been sold with a LSD.

The 2019 Escape Titanium was the bargain of the century.......they were practically giving those things away just before the new 2020s arrived.
sticker was about $38K got it for $29K.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Panoramic Moon Roof
Automatic HID High Beams
BLIS
Lane Keeping Assist
Auto Parking
19s
Heated Leather Seats with Memory
Auto Dimming rear view mirror
LED running lights
Foot activated hatch
Navigation
CoPilot 360
Heated windshield wipers
Roof Rack with Crossbars
110 volt outlet
list goes on and on.

Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
Discussion Starter #20
Ya definitely traction off the line throws you a couple car lengths .............I'm sure the tune goes a long way too.馃槒

1 - 20 of 25 Posts