2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

301 - 304 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Details necessary. Where, when, how much, etc. The more details you provide, the better.

Did dealer check for any "technical service bulletins" regarding this issue?
That would probably be good info, huh?! Sorry.
2015 Ford Escape Titanium EcoTurbo 2.0L AWD Ruby Red 51k miles. Leaking in the back above the rear windows, both sides. Dealership did not look for TSB...just said he hasn't heard anything about it. Not under warranty anymore...I said manufacturer defect as there is no reason vehicle should be leaking

·
Registered
3 Posts
That would probably be good info, huh?! Sorry.
2015 Ford Escape Titanium EcoTurbo 2.0L AWD Ruby Red 51k miles. Leaking in the back above the rear windows, both sides. Dealership did not look for TSB...just said he hasn't heard anything about it. Not under warranty anymore...I said manufacturer defect as there is no reason vehicle should be leaking
Roof racks and pano roof

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is a couple pics from when I repaired mine. In the close up pic, you can see the cracked liquid weld (caulking/seam sealer)

View attachment 75988 View attachment 75989
What brand of gasket maker did you use? Was the repair pretty much just like in the youtube "how to escape" video that's been linked here before? How long ago was yours done/no follow up issues at all? You've given a lot of people tons of info and it's appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am stumped everyone, after resealing the roof racks, which I'm sure I did correctly and letting it cure for a day before parking outside and giving it a few hours of rain, followed by 20 minutes of hose water, i shut the hose off and checked and I was completely dry in the back. All the paper towels that I laid everywhere back there were dry, I drove 5 minutes to work in dry weather, now there is water in the back! Was a 20 minute hose test not enough? Could it be coming from underneath? Water along the bottom bumper mostly, a little up the side on one side. I hosed the crap out of it initially looking for leaks and didnt see anything around the hatch gasket. Any ideas?

301 - 304 of 304 Posts