2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Administrator
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community Members,

We are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.
Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

~ FordEscape.org Community Support

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Ooops, hit something that put a "Like" on the first post and didn't mean to do that - how do I remove the "Like"?

·
FordEscape Admin
1,072 Posts
So, I usually just go to new ports/last day. Is that function still available and how do I get to it?
Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve.

Currently, you can find finding "new posts" by clicking on the 3 vertical dots (hamburger) near the upper right-hand corner and selecting "popular".

That will bring you to this page where you can select new posts.
https://www.fordescape.org/whats-new/

I realize it is a bit of a roundabout way of getting there, but it works for now. The team is working on a better way of navigating this, stay tuned for updates to this :)

Have you checked out dark mode yet? I absolutely love it!

Ooops, hit something that put a "Like" on the first post and didn't mean to do that - how do I remove the "Like"?
That has happened to me as well. You should be able to just click the thumbs up (like button) again to remove it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Same question as @[U]lavoiep[/U].
EDIT - I do not see the three dots (hamburger) on my screen
Is there a page for managing "subscriptions"?
Is there a page for managing my "attachments"?
Are there "thread tools" to sub, unsub, etc?
EDIT - privacy setting to hide online status is not working
EDIT - all off forum thread and post-specific bookmarks/links now seem to yield 401 error ?

Please see screenshot (Win7 with IE 11) -
Escape Forum Screenshot.jpg
screenshot 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
352 Posts

·
FordEscape Admin
1,072 Posts
Same question as @[U]lavoiep[/U].
EDIT - I do not see the three dots (hamburger) on my screen
Is there a page for managing "subscriptions"?
Is there a page for managing my "attachments"?
Are there "thread tools" to sub, unsub, etc?
EDIT - privacy setting to hide online status is not working

Please see screenshot -
View attachment 74688
I truly appreciate your feedback and questions because it helps me to learn the new platform better and to troubleshoot as well. You mentioned that you can't see the three dots in navigation. Can you tell me which device and browser you are using to access the site?

You can access/manage your attachments by going to your profile page. You can access it by clicking on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner and selecting "My Profile".

Once you are on your profile page you will see a tab for "media". Click on the actual number below that label.

Regarding your online status (for privacy) have you double checked your setting? Just click on your avatar image near the upper-right hand corner and select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.
https://www.fordescape.org/account/account-details

From that page, you can select the privacy link in the left-hand navigation menu.
https://www.fordescape.org/account/privacy

We are currently testing to see if there is an issue with this so I will update you as soon as I know more. Thank you for alerting us to this issue!

You can follow/unfollow a thread by clicking the link/option near the top of the thread.

These are a few things that they are working on for us, so stay tuned for updates!
  • Followed (watched) content having a home base to navigate quickly to and allow users to manage their followed content.
  • A way to quickly access today's posts and active topics
We also have an FAQ located here.
https://www.fordescape.org/help/faq/

- Cricket

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Dell E6530 laptop, NVIDEA NVS 5200M graphics on board, running docked with 2x external monitors, WIN7 Pro 64 build 7601, IE 11 (all current with updates). Monitors are 2xDell P2414H @ 1920x1080 pixels.

The disproportionately large icons seem to be hiding much on my screen info - same with 'bleu' and 'dark' mode. Changing IE11 zoom level (shown at my usual 125% in screenshots below) does not affect the relative size of those icons - they 'zoom' with everything else on screen as they should.

Only some of those (unlabeled) icons display a "tip" when cursor is placed / roamed over them

"Show online status" is NOT checked; status still shows (session close/reopen and logoff/logon made no difference).

More screenshots FYI (also see in previous post, forum default "bleu" mode):
screenshot 3.jpg
screenshot 4.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I noticed then when going to https://www.fordescape.org/whats-new/posts/ or hitting the three dots and pick popular I no longer get the old "you've read everything older, move on (My words)" that used to be displayed.
Just trying to help folks (like myself) who have been around for a while but are not entirely proficient with the board. Looking into delving further.

·
FordEscape Admin
1,072 Posts
Dell E6530 laptop, NVIDEA NVS 5200M graphics on board, running docked with 2x external monitors, WIN7 Pro 64 build 7601, IE 11 (all current with updates). Monitors are 2xDell P2414H @ 1920x1080 pixels.

The disproportionately large icons seem to be hiding much on my screen info - same with 'bleu' and 'dark' mode. Changing IE11 zoom level (shown at my usual 125% in screenshots below) does not affect the relative size of those icons - they 'zoom' with everything else on screen as they should.

Only some of those (unlabeled) icons display a "tip" when cursor is placed / roamed over them

"Show online status" is NOT checked; status still shows (session close/reopen and logoff/logon made no difference).

More screenshots FYI (also see in previous post, forum default "bleu" mode):
View attachment 74702 View attachment 74703
The site is currently optimized for modern browsers. We are working on additional features and compatibility. Can you try another browser, such as Chrome, and let me know if it resolves the issue for you?

- Cricket

·
FordEscape Admin
1,072 Posts
I noticed then when going to https://www.fordescape.org/whats-new/posts/ or hitting the three dots and pick popular I no longer get the old "you've read everything older, move on (My words)" that used to be displayed.
Just trying to help folks (like myself) who have been around for a while but are not entirely proficient with the board. Looking into delving further.
Thank you for alerting us to this. I don't have the answer to this yet, but I am going to check with the team in the morning to see what I can find out. I will update you as soon as I know more. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
OMG, don’t like this at all.

Needless to say I hate it.

Why do people feel the need to change something that is fine they way it is.

Hopefully all the ridiculous ads and pop ups are gone.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is there a link to jump to the first unread post in a topic in this forum software?

Is there a setting to make the text use the full width of the screen instead of being limited to 800 pixels?

I would also like to see the return of the links at the top of each page for quick navigation rather than hiding them under the dots button. I don't like the feeling that I'm stuck viewing the mobile version on a desktop computer.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
.... Hopefully all the ridiculous ads and pop ups are gone.
Actually now I see ads inline with posts in threads that I didn't get before.

I'd refer you to where I see them in this thread but just realized the posts aren't (visibly) numbered in the thread !?!

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
I am really enjoying the new update. Especially the new moderator tools. Took me a few minutes to get aquatinted to the new layout.

I wanted to thank all of the admins for making this happen. I’ve only had about 20 minutes with the site. As I get to play around with it some more, I’ll have more to add here.

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
To get "New Posts" up from the forum home screen you can scroll down a long way.... to where you see "Latest Posts". On the RHS there's "See All New Posts".

I did like it at the top, but the previously posted links will do.

·
FordEscape Admin
1,072 Posts
Thank you for alerting us to this. I don't have the answer to this yet, but I am going to check with the team in the morning to see what I can find out. I will update you as soon as I know more. :)

- Cricket
Thank you for your patience while you waited for me to find out more.

Popular or New Posts both bold and unbold for read or unread. New Posts are auto-filtered to only show unread, you can change the filters to show them all, or just watched content, etc. Dark mode doesn't show this as well yet. (Filters are only for "new posts".)

Let me know if this answers your question! :)

- Cricket

·
FordEscape Admin
1,072 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your descriptive feedback. We recognize that this is a significant change and change can be hard. The old software may have become slow and buggy, after many years of use you may have just got used to it. While this community has remained strong over time, technology has changed around us.

An update to the software and compatibility with modern browsers was critical to ensure you can still use the site as your own devices get upgraded. No one wants to wait for information, fast loading pages are important to your experience and the new platform helps us deliver this. We also know that sites are expected to work well on mobile devices, this was becoming increasingly challenging on the old site. Your community support team is here to respond and review your concerns throughout this change, and, we are not the only ones! The product team has been reviewing your feedback as well and we would like to provide an update.

Active Topics / Popular Discussions and Threads

While there are a few areas to review what is trending on the site and most popular, we heard your feedback and the product team is working to design and develop a quicker navigation button to get to the active and popular content in one click. You should see this go live in the next 2 weeks.

Followed (Watched) Content

Similar as above, we are looking into the design to offer faster navigation to your followed content to reduce the navigation needed to get to your favorite sections. Update coming soon!

Help Videos and Site Tours

What we are hearing is that you would like images or videos to go along with the text FAQs and helpful hints. We will look to update those in the next week. We are also going to add in tooltips on mouse hover for the desktop experience to also help find your way around.

Why switch from VBulletin?

We understand that there are some inherent changes in moving from vBulletin to Xenforo. however, vBulletin does not provide the more flexible infrastructure to be able to provide additional improvements so continuing on that platform without the ability to maintain a better experience for all of you is just not an option moving forward. We know you expect improvements over time, therefore, we needed to upgrade and move to software that would be maintained.

Why change so much at once?

Upgrading slowly and making changes became very difficult and often times would break other features when updates were attempted. Making the bigger investment now in the new platform sets us up to respond faster to your feedback moving forward.

Security and Data

Your security and data are extremely important to us. Modern software and upgrading systems are critical to keep us advanced in providing a better and more secure experience for you to share content. Not updating the software would have made that increasingly difficult over time as other technology advances.

Advertising

This site is supported by advertising. However, we have tried to reduce the number of ads and their intrusive nature with this redesign. We have removed larger units that slowed down the page in the old version and may have interrupted your view of the content. While we recognize that ads are still there, we hope that the experience is better for you.

Thanks again and we hope this detail provides more information as we continue to improve the site.

- Cricket

1 - 20 of 130 Posts