1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically a good topic on forums.
What did you and your Escape do today?
I'll start......
Besides the typical commute to work today my Escape took me Kayak shopping, I filmed a short MFT Voice Command Tip and currently the lady of the house has the Escape at Zoomba class!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I went to work. My Escape took the day off. I took my wife's Prius since she is out of town, it gets 50+ MPG, and I can get a "green" close up parking space at work with it. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I sent mine to the dealer for all sorts of things that I don't feel like doing in the cold. It's getting the clock spring replaced (under warranty, thank God), transmission flush, battery change, and PTU fluid changed. Normally, I'd do most of these myself. But after 10 minutes outside, I can't feel my fingers.

I took a loaner, which is a 2020 Escape SEL...not bad. Not sure how I feel about the 3 banger as opposed to the 2.0, but not bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drove through an ice/snow storm in central Maryland up and over south Mountain. Dicy at best.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Changed the cargo area bulb to an LED. It bothered me that every interior light is a bright white LED, but the cargo area, by comparison, is a dull, yellowish incandescent for positively no justifiable reason. Ford saying, "No, we mustn't add a single LED more, or we shall perish!"?

Also, I used FORscan to enable global unlock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I changed the trans fluid again today. This is the 3rd time to do this in the last year.. the 2015 SE AWD 1.6L has only 41K on the clock but can't seem to get the trans oil (Mercon LV) to look clean. Looks like dirty motor oil. I was thinking maybe the engine oil is getting into the trans, but the engine oil is not going down at all. So I will keep changing it. (take 4 qts). Amazon is a good place to buy it, 12 qts at a time. Here is a great video on how to do it, if you are a DIYer..
youtube.com/watch?v=skWBdr3EbRE

·
Registered
167 Posts
According to many posts here, MerconLV gets dark very quickly and it’s just the nature of this beast.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Today, I took my SE Sport Hybrid on its longest day-trip yet.

Bought it last December, but believe it ir not, had not taken it out for any extended trips (More than an hour or two round-trip) before today.

My wife and I live just west of Boston, MA; drove out to Florida, MA, a sparsely-populated town in the northwest corner of our state. Perfect area to go for a hike and not encounter too many people during this pandemic.

We drove west on “the Mass Pike”. (I-90) to I-91 north to Rte 2 west (The Mohawk Trail), to an unpaved road to a dirt parking lot.

I’ll skip the hike and continue with the Escape details.

We decided to not return the way we arrived and continued on the unpaved road, eventually leaving the State Forest and traversing some small state numbered routes, before taking the well-known Rte 9 back to Springfield, MA and then to the interstates and towards Boston.

Here‘s the stuff that might interest you:

1. Our interstate speeds ranged from approximately 68 to 80 mph. The car screens showed our mpg in the low thirties.

2. The car is so much quieter than my previous 2006 Escape and my wife’s 2014 Subaru Impreza. Yes, it growls when accelerating from a stop light, but when accelerating to pass on the highway, it‘s pretty quiet in my opinion.

3. I think it is amazing to see how the car can run on battery power at 71mph. (Going downhill)

4. Around 45 minutes after leaving the state forest, I checked the mpg: Computer said we had traveled around 28 miles and the mpg was over 68! Note, this was on unpaved roads, lesser traveled state routes and on Rte 9. Our speed ranged from 20 to 50mph.

5. My wife reclined her front passenger seat back and fell asleep. She seems very pleased with the seat comfort, the Sirius XM radio, and the climate control.

6. Lumbar support for the driver seat is excellent. After all the driving today, my back and legs felt excellent.

Summing up: We finally got to try out our Escape for an extended period in varying road conditions. It did great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Changed the cargo area bulb to an LED. It bothered me that every interior light is a bright white LED, but the cargo area, by comparison, is a dull, yellowish incandescent for positively no justifiable reason. Ford saying, "No, we mustn't add a single LED more, or we shall perish!"?

Also, I used FORscan to enable global unlock.
What led did you install?

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
50 Posts
Drove it to work, let it graze in the parking lot for about 8 1/2 hours, drove it home. Can I stand the excitement?

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
50 Posts
Added this:
Put one on the RAV, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
85 Posts
Only thing I did today with my Escape was to grab some takeout to help the local economy :giggle:

NefCanuck

·
Registered
120 Posts
What led did you install?
It was just a regular LED bulb from the auto parts store. I used a 2825 LED by Sylvania. Not the "exact" size, but it's all they had that was close enough. It worked, though!

Reactions: Mmartins25
1 - 15 of 15 Posts