1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically a good topic on forums.
What did you and your Escape do today?
I'll start......
Besides the typical commute to work today my Escape took me Kayak shopping, I filmed a short MFT Voice Command Tip and currently the lady of the house has the Escape at Zoomba class!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I went to work. My Escape took the day off. I took my wife's Prius since she is out of town, it gets 50+ MPG, and I can get a "green" close up parking space at work with it. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I sent mine to the dealer for all sorts of things that I don't feel like doing in the cold. It's getting the clock spring replaced (under warranty, thank God), transmission flush, battery change, and PTU fluid changed. Normally, I'd do most of these myself. But after 10 minutes outside, I can't feel my fingers.

I took a loaner, which is a 2020 Escape SEL...not bad. Not sure how I feel about the 3 banger as opposed to the 2.0, but not bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drove through an ice/snow storm in central Maryland up and over south Mountain. Dicy at best.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Changed the cargo area bulb to an LED. It bothered me that every interior light is a bright white LED, but the cargo area, by comparison, is a dull, yellowish incandescent for positively no justifiable reason. Ford saying, "No, we mustn't add a single LED more, or we shall perish!"?

Also, I used FORscan to enable global unlock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed the trans fluid again today. This is the 3rd time to do this in the last year.. the 2015 SE AWD 1.6L has only 41K on the clock but can't seem to get the trans oil (Mercon LV) to look clean. Looks like dirty motor oil. I was thinking maybe the engine oil is getting into the trans, but the engine oil is not going down at all. So I will keep changing it. (take 4 qts). Amazon is a good place to buy it, 12 qts at a time. Here is a great video on how to do it, if you are a DIYer..
youtube.com/watch?v=skWBdr3EbRE

·
Registered
158 Posts
According to many posts here, MerconLV gets dark very quickly and it’s just the nature of this beast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts