2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

221 - 240 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought ours outright, but selling the old one private party to try and get a decent amount out of it.

Selling: 2001 Escape xlt 4x4 V6 143,000 miles

·
Registered
17 Posts
We traded in a 2013 Prius. Great car for fuel economy but my Wife needed something a little taller! She was always backing into something! The rear view visibility really was pretty bad in the Prius. Got a decent trade value from Fremont Ford and a good deal on the new Escape. Love the Escape!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I turned in a 2013 Hyundai Sonata lease and bought the 2013 Escape SE. The Sonata and the Escape had just about the same mileage on them. 54K We really like the Escape! The Sonata was a very good car. Just decided we wanted a vehicle that we could carry larger items in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Didn't trade anything in but I did lemon law a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude...my Escape is leaps and bounds better in terms of reliability!

·
Registered
244 Posts
1998 Ford Explorer Sport (Premium Sport Package). Had 100k miles on it. Bought it new and the intent was to drive it till it exploded; unfortunately, rust got the better of it before that ever happened - It still ran like a champ when I traded it in. Got $800 for it. I miss that truck terribly.
I got my 1998 Explorer Sport (2-door) to 185K miles. 18 years is a long time to own a vehicle, but it was perfect for my lifestyle. Would have bought another one if they still made it (the last year for the 2-door was 2003 and the 4-door was 2010). Today's SUV's are either way too small or way too big. I think the Escape will be OK for me but I sure don't expect 18 years and 185K miles from it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2008 Caravan

I traded in a 2008 Caravan with 110k on the clock. It had the dreaded TPIM gremlin. I miss the roominess but not the lack of power and poor gas mileage. I installed a hitch on my Escape and bought a small trailer for the trips to Home Depot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited 82000 miles

Miss the leather, the dvd player and the radios' hard drive for mp3's but don't miss the lack of space and legroom and the 6 speed tranny is more definitive vs the 9 speed hunting for the right gear Jeep tranny...And the Jeep just didn't have the power my Escape has...

Can't wait to see the 2019 Escapes; hopefully Sync gets better and certain things like Oil Life Monitor, 4 wheel Tire Pressure monitor Display[like the Jeep], and a better radio with hdd storage will be part of the equation as I will be looking for the next Escape in 2 years...

·
Registered
81 Posts
2007 F-150. Sold on a consignment lot rather than trade. 195k. Great vehicle, never broke down even once. Just didn't need a truck any longer, nor such a big vehicle to drive around in. Though I'm nervous about stepping down in size by that much, I really didn't drive the truck any longer, opting for my 89 mustang instead whenever there's no snow on the ground. So I'm thinking the escape will be the perfect compromise for what I need. If it keeps me happy for a decade like the F-150 did, it'll be money well spent.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1995 Ford Taurus GL Wagon, in beige. It was passed onto me by a family friend and at the time I traded it in, I had it for 14 years and it had about 123,000 miles (kinda low for a 20 year old car!) Very reliable despite me not doing my best in terms of general maintenance, what began its demise was a timing chain gasket leak which one day decided to leak and spill all the coolant, resulting in a nice coolant puddle that stained a portion of my street. There was also the worry that the transmission might conk out at any minute, as it had the infamous AX4S. Just found out the other day that it was crushed last year; at least all that steel might go to build more new cars! The only thing I really miss about it was 83 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seat folded down, which is about 60-something cubic feet in the FE.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I sold my 2004 Subaru WRX with a swapped STi engine/driveline privately to purchase my 2014 Escape SE.

I miss the rumble and power of 300HP, but the towing ability and storage has been hugely beneficial. I don't get near as many compliments on my Escape as I did on the Subaru though.

I got about 7K for selling private, VS MAYBE $1500 from doing a trade in on it. I'm always impressed when people do a trade it through a dealership on how much money they are giving away. I can see the benefit of getting rid of your old right away, but if you can sit on it for a bit, you save so much more money.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Purchased the '17 FE and then was planning on selling my Honda Civic private sale to get as much money as possible. Ended up selling it to a place in Colorado here that is similar to Carmax where they will just buy your car. Didn't have enough room to store it in the garage and hail storms were getting a little too frequent to keep outside and risk getting it damaged (not sure I would have done a claim). Got a little less than I was selling as private but Honda Civics are not very popular in Colorado so I'm sort of pleased with the amount.

We wanted an SUV with 4WD to be able to make more trips to the mountains and better handling during the winter. We would always need to rent an SUV if we wanted to go to the mountains and had a few scares driving into work during snow days with the Civic.

Super pleased with the FE so far. Love the extra room, technology, ride, and power I get from the ecoboost compared to the Civic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I traded a 2005 Mazda 6 Hatch Manual - 240,000 km.

Nice not to have to shift gears.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2014 Ford Edge Limited AWD, 10 months old, 12,000KM approx.

Ford gave me a deal and I switched over to the Escape. Same 3500lbs towing rate, more power, less gas, Sync 3, lost a few cosmetic things but all the required/needed features are there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I traded in my 2003 Infiniti G35. That thing was built like a tank -- great car, but after 10 years of ownership I wanted some new technology. The Escape seems lighter on its feet, lighter steering, brighter greenhouse -- lots to like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1998 Ford Ranger. If I could have bought another Ranger... I wouldn't have the Escape.

That said, the wife loves the Escape. She is driving it much more than the Ranger.

·
Registered
92 Posts
2001 Ford Explorer SportTrac with 120k wiles. Like some of you who shared, I planned on keeping it as long as I could but the rust got to be too much. Maine winters are hard on vehicles and I couldn't treat and repair the rust fast enough any more after 15 years. Wanted another Explorer or Ranger initially. Love the function of the Escape but the build quality is sub-par and I don't expect it to last like my older vehicles did. Have no complaints with the way it drives and handles.

221 - 240 of 313 Posts