2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

261 - 280 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
traded in our 2004 Ford Escape XLT with over 107,000 miles. served us well but we got our use out of it and was time for a new one after spending 400-800 dollars every couple of months on repairs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I traded my 2015 Jetta 1.8t with 40k miles, great car in quality and driveability, Ford doesn't match the quality but the driving experience is very close.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I traded in a 2014 Ford Focus for my 2014 Ford Escape. I needed something that was a little higher up and something that controlled a little better in the snow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Traded a 2008 Mazda 3 S Sport Sedan with some suspension upgrades for my 2013 Titanium. What a difference in so many ways.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Traded in a '13 Silver ST Base with an aftermarket sound system put in. I was borderline offended with how bad the stock sound system was in the focus, but quickly fixed it after purchasing. Ended up going to the same dealer I bought my Focus from that I bought our '17 electric blue titanium.

I'll miss whipping the ST around.... but between the 2.0 in the FE and an '06 mustang GT (my wife somehow let me buy last summer) I think I'll survive!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Traded in a '13 Silver ST Base with an aftermarket sound system put in. I was borderline offended with how bad the stock sound system was in the focus, but quickly fixed it after purchasing. Ended up going to the same dealer I bought my Focus from that I bought our '17 electric blue titanium.

I'll miss whipping the ST around.... but between the 2.0 in the FE and an '06 mustang GT (my wife somehow let me buy last summer) I think I'll survive!
ST's are a lot of fun. I currently have a '16 Fiesta ST in the garage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't trade it, but sold privately. Regardless, it still helped fund the Escape purchase: 2006 Ford Mustang, V6, Pony Package, 5 speed.

Cheers!
K

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Traded my '15 F150. Was a nice truck...XLT, crew cab, 4x4, 3.5L EcoBoost. Going through a divorce and just didn't need it anymore.

·
Registered
213 Posts
A stack of cash. Even if I pooled some of my other cars together, it wouldn't have paid for the 201A package...
2000 Grand Marquis (310k miles)
1997 Mark VIII (accident damaged)
1997 Cougar (totaled, saved for powertrain for 00 Grand Marquis)
1989 Cougar (replaced head gaskets, but just don't feel the love for it)

Or should I say a stack of banknotes. I decided to finance it for a number of reasons, and feel that over 3 years the extra 800 dollars is worth the price to not deplete the savings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Traded in my beloved 2013 Ginger Ale Escape Titanium for a 2017 Escape Titanium. Planning to be on the road a lot more and wanted more of the safety features (lane assist, adaptive cruise control) and Android Auto in the dash display. Feel sort of guilty, but I'm pretty darn happy with the new arrival.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I gave our daughter our 2013 1.6 AWD with 42k Km on it and got a '17 with a few more "toys" added. :nerd:

·
Registered
211 Posts
2015 Flex SEL AWD lease return for a 2018 Escape SEL 4WD purchased

·
Registered
226 Posts
I didn't trade anything in but I sold my 2003 Ford Ranger 4x4 Supercab (that only had 71k miles on it) to get this Escape. I bought the Escape used last fall (its a 2016) with 16,800 miles on it. It currently only has 18k miles. Its basically a secondary vehicle for us as my wife leases her cars and I have a work provided vehicle I daily drive. The Ranger was in great shape but it was basically useless as far as both of us and my daughter who is in a car seat to fit in.

·
Super Moderator
592 Posts
I sold one of my 20 year old Ford F250s to a private party before ordering the Escape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I traded in my 1985 Jaguar XJ6 with 85,000 miles on it, got close to nothing, and I cry at night thinking about how a little more money in my pocket that week would have kept my kitten around.

·
Registered
254 Posts
2010 Ford Fusion SE, 102,000 miles. Wanted a bit more room and something that could handle winter weather with a bit more ease.

261 - 280 of 297 Posts