2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 65k miles. Time to downsize... Miss it sometimes, but much easier to get the Escape in the garage. Just surprised with two fewer cylinders and 2,500 lbs less the mileage improvement isn't as dramatic - probably all due to the driver!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Traded in my 2006 Ford Escape XLT that had 165,000 miles.The alternator went out so I took it to switch it out to a mechanic.The alternator kept overcharging to the point of high pitch humming, and cooking my battery.Later found out that it just needed a better ground.Two months away from paying it off.Now I own a 2015 Ford Escape SE 2.5 liter.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
903 Posts
Traded my 2014 Renault Clio RS200 turbo hot hatch. Great little car with lots of 'go' but I needed to get into something more suitable for my ,er, ahem, maturing years before I killed myself in the thing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2013 Range Rover Evoque. Loved the car, but never, EVER own a Rover out of warranty! Lol
Dealer didn't even want it (because they all know!) but did an online dealer auction for 2 hrs and found a buyer....

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
traded my 2004 Ford Cobra with 11k miles on it. dealer here offered me 17 k for it but I knew it was worth more. Dealer in Kansas City offered me 26.5K for it. Dealer here in Austin had a 2019 that I wanted. so since I came with a buyer in hand, he gave me 26.5 for it on trade, and the guy in KC sent him a buy order and a check. I drove it to KC the following weekend. He washed it and put it on the showroom floor and sold it 3 days later for 29K ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 Ford Escape with the 3.0 liter DOHC Duratech engine. 158K troublefree miles. Man this combination was a fun driving beast. Power when you needed it and good fuel economy. I miss it, but my wife drives 80 miles a day and I wanted her in a newer vehicle.
Unfortunately the 2018 Escape SE I got her didn't make 15K before the dreaded Cyl 3 coolant leak issue. A repeat fail at 20K has Ford replacing the vehicle for a 2019 Escape Titanium with the 2.0 liter engine. It spent 23 weeks in the shop in the first year.

·
Registered
326 Posts
2015 Ford Flex SEL AWD. 36 mo. lease was up, and now that I retired a year ago, felt the need to downsize the household operating expenses as well as the car. We bought the Escape and a renewable 8yr/100,000 mi extended warranty, We've had to use every X-warranty we've ever bought and so glad we did on this one now that I registered on this forum! We actually may end up keeping our 2009 Mercury Mariner and trade/sell the Escape for maybe the Bronco or "baby Bronco" when they come out, or just not replace it and keep the Mariner only. So far and one we haven't driven much-110,000 mi/177,000km over ten years, and we both really like it. We have an X-warranty on this one too, and I believe it expires at 125K.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Traded in a 2013 Evoque Dynamic Coupé. What a beautiful piece of garbage she was! My Escape does everything better than that car... But damn, I loved looking at it!
In the end, it cost me THOUSANDS to maintain and own and I took a bath on the trade in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
2006 Escape Hybrid all wheel drive, I think I died and went to Heaven!! LOL

·
Registered
64 Posts
I traded in my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid (Front wheel drive) that had only approx 92,000 miles. I spent most of the last 15 years traveling for business internationally.
i really liked that car; served me well; only bought the new Escape, because parts were scarce for my 2006. Loved the old car. Love the new one: SE Sport Hybrid AWD.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I bought my 06 as a beater with high mileage it seved me well until the battery stsrted failing and I retired and no longer drove it every day it had 140,009 mile and with the western PA rust was not worth a battery. I liked the car and it served me well till the battery started to fail. But not in the same league with the 2013 titanium! My daughter has a 2012 limited and she likes it very much although the rust is starting at 70,000 mile.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Traded in my 2014 Escape S for my 2019 Escape S. Very happy with the deal. No regrets. Really good dealership and the two salespeople involved were great to do business with. The 2019 is a better vehicle than the '14, especially with the return of the Traction Control button. Wish the radio was Sirius XM capable though.
The Baltic Sea Green is a cool color too. Haven't seen another one on the road so far.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Traded in 2014 Chevy impala limited LTZ (85,000 miles) for the 2020 escape titanium hybrid.

loved the performance on the Chevy but was getting near the expensive maintenance time period and was getting eaten alive by gas prices.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I sold a 2006 Mazda6 S Grand Sport with 229k when I bought mine. Only minor issues in 9 years and over 200,000 miles and was mostly a Ford so figured a newer one would be good. Despite a long commute, I seem to gravitate towards fully loaded cars so I picked up my 16 Titanium 2.0 fully decked out with 40k miles for $16k. While I do love it, and just paid it off Ford seems to be throwing crazy money on new ones, so I am contemplating a 2020 Titanium, but may like no payment more.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2013 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic coupe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Traded in our Black 2008 Ford Escape XLT 4x4 that had 73,000 miles. The V6 developed oil leak.
We purchased a new 2016 Black Escape SE with a 2.5 L engine and beautiful black leather interior.

281 - 300 of 313 Posts