2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
What I like is the overall package. Several people already point out features that they like but for me, it is everything altogether. I like the look, quiet ride, leg rooms (front & back). Car go space is also very good for the class. All this in 23K OTD price for me.

She likes: Heated leather seats, huge display for the back up camera and the automated hatch. She also likes the elevated seating position, the just right size; easy to see out of and easy to park. :x

I like: BMW like handling and most of all the 2.0 Ecoboost engine. Every time I nail it I grin from ear to ear. >:D

Reactions: leadmic
I feel pampered in the lap of luxury every time I get in the Escape. The attention to detail by Ford’s engineers and designers results in a refined cohesiveness and ambiance. I look forward to driving it the way others might look forward to going to the spa or yoga. Even though I drive in city traffic I feel like I’m in my own bubble of tranquility. In essence, it’s a sanctuary!

I love the overall handling and drive-ability. The steering wheel has nice firm feedback. I love the effortless acceleration. It does not require the high revs so common on 4-cylinder engines to giddy-up and go. It was rock-solid at 90mph which is as fast as I’ve pushed it yet. During our winter the 4WD gave me so much more confidence and security than my former FWD.

I love the quiet ride. The road noise is minimal and the suspension soaks up the road cracks. Tonight I noticed we never had to turn down the radio at a street light because we never had to turn it up on the freeway. I am a sound fanatic and take a decibel meter on my test drives. This vehicle surpasses my expectations.

I love Sync with myFord Touch and the four quadrant approach (Navigation, Phone, Entertainment, Climate). I really appreciate never having to take my phone out of pocket by answering a call on the dash. It’s a real safety advantage to be able to talk to the navigation system while driving and set a destination. My wife enjoys being able to set her own temperature. I find Sirius radio very soothing and will probably renew when the free trial expires.

I love the Karat Gold color, rather unique on the road. Color aside it is just one of the better looking SUV’s on the road. I love the ambient lighting in the interior and the automatic lights under the outside mirror. I love never having to turn on or off my headlights. I love the effervescent blue color of the speedometer and other dials.

Other great features I enjoy: remote start (the engine can warm up without making me wait before driving away), heated leather seats (worth the price of the FE according to my wife), rain sensing automatic wiper speed, lane changing 3-blinker auto-shutoff, blind spot safety assist (that little orange light is like a friend!), a huge backup camera (no more concerns about backing over my neighbor’s kids bike in the driveway), green-yellow-red indicator so I know exactly how much more to back up into a parking space, key-less entry (in a sci-fi way I like to think the vehicle senses my presence and says 'You may enter').

It’s my first American car since a Mercury Monarch in 1977. My 1984 Honda Accord was pretty special in its day. The most fun to drive was a 2001 Acura Sport Coupe. The driving excitement of the Escape is in the same category as that Sport Coupe. Others have said it drives like a BMW, I concur. I have always enjoyed every new vehicle but this FE seems to have taken it to a new level.

Oh, I posted that in a post on the first or second page. There are a few things I do like about it... but Ford won't improve the car if they only hear what we like. :D

Mike
While this is the "like" thread, there's a thread for what you don't like about the Escape too. In case you - or anyone - hasn't heard of it, The Ford Social site is a good place for suggestions, since Ford doesn't own this forum: Ford Social: Your Ideas: Technologies

I like the handling. Ford brags about how well the Escape handles and it's more than just a marketing angle. It really does handle exceptionally well.

I feel pampered in the lap of luxury every time I get in the Escape. The attention to detail by Ford’s engineers and designers results in a refined cohesiveness and ambiance. I look forward to driving it the way others might look forward to going to the spa or yoga. Even though I drive in city traffic I feel like I’m in my own bubble of tranquility. In essence, it’s a sanctuary!

I love the overall handling and drive-ability. The steering wheel has nice firm feedback. I love the effortless acceleration. It does not require the high revs so common on 4-cylinder engines to giddy-up and go. It was rock-solid at 90mph which is as fast as I’ve pushed it yet. During our winter the 4WD gave me so much more confidence and security than my former FWD.

I love the quiet ride. The road noise is minimal and the suspension soaks up the road cracks. Tonight I noticed we never had to turn down the radio at a street light because we never had to turn it up on the freeway. I am a sound fanatic and take a decibel meter on my test drives. This vehicle surpasses my expectations.

I love Sync with myFord Touch and the four quadrant approach (Navigation, Phone, Entertainment, Climate). I really appreciate never having to take my phone out of pocket by answering a call on the dash. It’s a real safety advantage to be able to talk to the navigation system while driving and set a destination. My wife enjoys being able to set her own temperature. I find Sirius radio very soothing and will probably renew when the free trial expires.

I love the Karat Gold color, rather unique on the road. Color aside it is just one of the better looking SUV’s on the road. I love the ambient lighting in the interior and the automatic lights under the outside mirror. I love never having to turn on or off my headlights. I love the effervescent blue color of the speedometer and other dials.

Other great features I enjoy: remote start (the engine can warm up without making me wait before driving away), heated leather seats (worth the price of the FE according to my wife), rain sensing automatic wiper speed, lane changing 3-blinker auto-shutoff, blind spot safety assist (that little orange light is like a friend!), a huge backup camera (no more concerns about backing over my neighbor’s kids bike in the driveway), green-yellow-red indicator so I know exactly how much more to back up into a parking space, key-less entry (in a sci-fi way I like to think the vehicle senses my presence and says 'You may enter').

It’s my first American car since a Mercury Monarch in 1977. My 1984 Honda Accord was pretty special in its day. The most fun to drive was a 2001 Acura Sport Coupe. The driving excitement of the Escape is in the same category as that Sport Coupe. Others have said it drives like a BMW, I concur. I have always enjoyed every new vehicle but this FE seems to have taken it to a new level.
DreamU----you nicely articulated my thoughts exactly! We've had the car for 10k miles, and still giddy about the escape. Ford escape hit the mark perfectly.

In two days I'll have had my Escape for 10 months, and I still go back to the pep and responsiveness I immediately felt the second I drove off the dealer's lot. It Woke Me Up. And that was driving slowly. The next thing that I noticed was how the Escape enjoyed curves and liked taking me with it on them.

This is the first car I've had with automatic seat adjustments, and I love that too. I have two main adjustments, one for when wearing a thick coat and one when not. And with a semi-bad knee and foot, it helps to change the angles sometimes.

This is the first car I've had with automatic seat adjustments, and I love that too. I have two main adjustments, one for when wearing a thick coat and one when not. And with a semi-bad knee and foot, it helps to change the angles sometimes.
That's a great idea and I too have a bad knee.
I use #1 for me and #3 for my wife. Now I understand why #2. Should the weather ever warm up I'll set that adjustment.

By the by, my son spent the day after Thanksgiving driving me around looking for a new car. My 2011 Subaru had been totaled. I liked the Jeep Cherokee. I had had a 2005 CRV and had nothing but trouble with it. I didn't like the option packages on the RAV 4.
Then I test drove the Escape Titanium. First time I really hit the gas a smile appeared on my face. I took a few corners and the smile turned into a grin.
When I got back to the dealers, and I took a while to do this, I put cash down. And I still smile when I drive my Escape.

Funny, it was kind of a long test drive. I didn't want to quit. When I got back to the dealship the salesman was a little worried. When I offered him a check all was well.

Reliability is why we went with Ford again. Purchased a new 2000 Cougar and almost no problems for over 13 years. We did spend $500 on an alternator just before we sold it. Our 2014 Titanium 4WD, 2.0 is a great looking vehicle. It’s not perfect, but no vehicle is. My wife drives a Lexus RX350 and it had a oil line break not long after purchasing it. It’s really comes down to how the dealer handles your issues. Sorry, getting off subject. When I was looking for a vehicle I test drove a Mazda CX5, Honda, CRV, and Toyota Rav 4. In my opinion the Ford Escape was better in ride, handling, front seat comfort, and road noise. Also it’s just plain fast! The technology was also something that sold me on the Escape which the other models lacked. I also liked that the Ford Escape is assembled in the USA!

While this is the "like" thread, there's a thread for what you don't like about the Escape too. In case you - or anyone - hasn't heard of it, The Ford Social site is a good place for suggestions, since Ford doesn't own this forum: Ford Social: Your Ideas: Technologies
I am guessing that Ford also wants to hear our likes regarding the FE as it gives them ideas of what to continue and enhance in future designs.

Now that I've had my Escape for ten days now, I think I can give a reasonably educated opinion. The thing I like the most about the Escape, so far anyway, is the nice ride. It takes the bumps much smoother than my Honda CR-V did and it is so much quieter. I have to strain to listen to the engine when starting it up it's so hard to hear.

And it looks so darn nice all washed up and shiny. :D

Quietness, acceleration, cross-traffic and reverse camera, MFT/NAV (saying I'm hungry to get restaurants nearby doesn't get old!), rear seat vents, remote start, . . .

I have a question for current owners of the Escape or even fellow shoppers like myself.

What is it about the Ford Escape that you like? And what separates it from the other cars in its segment for you? Was it a certain feature that really appealed to you? Or the styling?
Most important to me is the ability to tow the hybrid four wheels down. Most vehicles and especially hybrids can’t do that. We tow behind our motor home.
Besides that love the copilot 360, we live in LA and this is great in our stop and go traffic. Very comfortable vehicle and fits my dog. Also like getting average of 43 mpg.

A kid told me that my SUV looked cool today as I was pumping up the tires.

Most important to me is the ability to tow the hybrid four wheels down. Most vehicles and especially hybrids can’t do that
I have to suggest you read the manual...
"Yes. Your hybrid vehicle can be flat towed with all four wheels on the ground. See Towing (page 275)."

"If you tow your vehicle with all four wheels on the ground:
• Tow only in the forward direction.
• Release the parking brake. •
Place your vehicle in Neutral Tow mode with the following steps:
• Switch your vehicle on in accessory mode.​
• Press the menu button on the controls on the steering wheel.​
• Select Settings.​
• Select Neutral Tow.​
• Follow the instructions on the information display.​
• Fully press the brake pedal.​
• Shift into neutral (N).​
• Switch the ignition off.​
• Do not exceed 70 mph (113 km/h)."

What is it about the Ford Escape that you like? And what separates it from the other cars in its segment for you?
I inherited a nearly-new C-Max Hybrid in 2013. It changed my personality. I stopped treating speed limits like laws, and started driving the terrain. It was a real real shift away from Type A behavior. The wife started asking me to speed up, not slow down.

But... the car had a (potentially) bad tranny bearing, so I traded it in when I could. Just missed the last of the 2018 C-Max, so I was eagerly anticipating the return of hybrid to the Escape product line. I'm one who's thankful the 2020 doesn't look like its predecessor, or its competition (RAV4, CR-V). The HF45 drivetrain is as much fun as the C-Max's HF35, the chassis handles far better than a car that tall has any right. Yes there are minor issues, but I've been spared the SSN and 12V issues in both cars.

I also an anti-fan of typical Japanese car styling, which RAV4 and CR-V show in abundance. No lines, just boxes and clutter. The Escape may look like a lot of the other cars on the road, but that's natural when the alternatives are ugly. This is an SUV for car guys.

Fully loaded Escape Titanium 2.0L has the best value, super quiet interior combined with great performance. Competition just can't match all that for 33k OTD while the next best thing is at least 10k more.

This. Very much this.

All I ask is for one storage compartment in the lower section of the center dash.
Yes, very much this And a place for women to stash their purse when they have a passenger. I use the front passenger seat to hold most of my necessities when driving. Have to move everything elsewhere when I have a passenger.

I have had 2 Ford Escape Titaniums, a 2013 for 3 years and a 2016 now. I am short and the Escape does not make me feel too small for the car. It also has a great engine - I can go over the 10,000' Vail pass at 65 mph with cruise control and the car never slows down. Also, it has great pickup at highway speeds, so easy to pass someone in very little distance. My husband and a friend of his have also driven my car long distance and they are impressed with it's get-up-and-go.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.