2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

561 - 580 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
[*]No one-touch up driver window on the SE (my 2010 Fusion SE had it...the equipment is all there...why not finish the software program?)
I thought the auto-up windows were standard on the 2017 SEs? Mine's got them, they were a must have for me when I traded in my F-150. It could be you need to reset their memory. My driver's window (only that one, the others worked fine) suddenly stopped auto up. I looked at the Ford website and found a tutorial video, which worked perfect. Since then, there has been one other occasion where auto-up disabled itself, but it also fixed itself without a reset. Seems like some kind of quirk Ford never caught.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I thought the auto-up windows were standard on the 2017 SEs? Mine's got them, they were a must have for me when I traded in my F-150. It could be you need to reset their memory. My driver's window (only that one, the others worked fine) suddenly stopped auto up. I looked at the Ford website and found a tutorial video, which worked perfect. Since then, there has been one other occasion where auto-up disabled itself, but it also fixed itself without a reset. Seems like some kind of quirk Ford never caught.
Running the memory reset was the first thing I thought of, as I have to do it to my wife's Fiesta after it's been in for service. I attempted the reset method half a dozen times...no dice. Despite what Ford.com says, my button and window sticker say otherwise. Like removing the programming to allow the owner to control the autolock/unlock...they're software programs Ford [stupidly] decided to cut. I don't see how it could save them any money, as I would think it would cost more to change the software programming.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Running the memory reset was the first thing I thought of, as I have to do it to my wife's Fiesta after it's been in for service. I attempted the reset method half a dozen times...no dice. Despite what Ford.com says, my button and window sticker say otherwise. Like removing the programming to allow the owner to control the autolock/unlock...they're software programs Ford [stupidly] decided to cut. I don't see how it could save them any money, as I would think it would cost more to change the software programming.
Perhaps an attempt by Ford to "encourage" buyers to buy the next higher trim line?

·
Registered
674 Posts
One Touch Down on the driver's window (not One Touch Up), is standard on '17 SE models, I believe. It is shown on the Standard features section of the Monroney sticker for my SE. Meanwhile, the '17 owner's manual shows both One Touch Up and One Touch Down as options by the description "[If Equipped].

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I thought the auto-up windows were standard on the 2017 SEs? Mine's got them.....
Per your sig-block you have the optional 2017MY 201A package which includes auto up/down F&R; they weren't standard on the '17 SE (200A package - one-touch driver down only).

2018 is different - not listed as available on SE at all.

This has changed a lot over time, for example on the '14 SE I got one-touch F&R U&D as part of the Leather Package - it wasn't included with the 201A package.

Yes, confusing.

Source: Order Guide for each model year (and yes, that could be wrong, too :eek: )

·
Registered
15 Posts
LED interior lights!!! Such a cold, harsh, uninviting light...don't like that part at all...but the rest of it is just so good that I guess I can overlook...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Perhaps an attempt by Ford to "encourage" buyers to buy the next higher trim line?
Except, depending on what your source of information is, the feature is both listed and not listed for the 2018 SE. It could also be a mid model year design change. Why, I don't have the foggiest. Like I said, it seems to be more work to not include it. I can't imaging that being the reason for someone buying an SEL or Titanium over an SE.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Except, depending on what your source of information is, the feature is both listed and not listed for the 2018 SE. It could also be a mid model year design change. Why, I don't have the foggiest. Like I said, it seems to be more work to not include it. I can't imaging that being the reason for someone buying an SEL or Titanium over an SE.

Yeah, I dunno. I have no source, it was just a thought. I know often times manufacturers have a desired feature only available on higher trim lines to encourage buyers to move up one.

EDIT: I re-read your post and see that you weren't asking what my source was. ha ha. sorry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nothing Major

Bought a used 2017 Titanium a couple of weeks ago. No major complaints so far. Have the 2.0l and it is pretty peppy.

I have to agree with others on some minor things:
1.) Poor lighting in the trunk (I will look at the other threads on the LED lights)
2.) Wish the fuel tank was bigger (just a couple more gallons!)
3.) Fuel gage stays on F (or 100% on the Ford App) until about 60 miles, where it drops to 75-80% suddenly.
4.) Replacing the cabin air filter is a pain! Just like the Focus.

I bought the Ford Escape cargo mat - it is awful - waste of money. Too plasticy and doesn't have any sticktoitivenss. It also slides around in the back. (Although I love the Ford aftermarket floor liners for the Escape!)

Now coming from a 2015 Navigator, there are a lot of things that it doesn't have - but you get what you pay for, so all in all it is pretty good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought the Ford Escape cargo mat - it is awful - waste of money. Too plasticy and doesn't have any sticktoitivenss. It also slides around in the back. (Although I love the Ford aftermarket floor liners for the Escape!)

I really like the Weathertechs I got for my Escape.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really like the Weathertechs I got for my Escape.
I have had their floor liners and they are a bit more plasticy like the Ford Cargo mat. I bought a Weathertech AVM cargo mat for my Navigator, and it has a more rubbery feel. I am going to get one of those for the Escape. Honestly - more car manufacturers should provide better mats in their car trunks and SUV cargo areas. Who really wants carpet there anyway? I would rather there is more grip so things slide less.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A few more for my list:
  • Speed compensated volume feature that doesn't appear to do anything (more details here: http://www.fordescape.org/forum/1093458-post9.html)
  • No LED license plate lighting...the Focus gets it for crying out loud. The cheap uni-design of the fixtures makes finding aftermarket LEDs that throw light in the proper direction very difficult.
  • No light in the center console (I had the same complaint about my old Fusion -- ended up putting a stick on light with a magnetic switch that turned the light on/off as soon as the armrest was opened/closed). Personally, I could live without the driver-side floor lighting or the glove box light if it meant they would put one in the console.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1) Adaptive cruise control doesn't have stop and go.
2) Fuel economy isn't as good as a CRV (but it drives sportier, even with the same engine).
3) No hybrid/plug-in hybrid version -- hoping that'll change in 2020!

Otherwise, a great, versatile, sporty compact SUV.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1. I hate auto stop/start ... needs a permanent disconnect
2. I hated the stress crack in my windshield at 1,300 miles, and the miserable people in Ford's warranty department that made me go to the dealer four times for pictures of cracked window.
3. I hate stalling in parking lots ... moves 5 - 10 feet and shuts down
4. I hate the poor fuel economy. You get either eco or boost, but never both.
5. I hate every piece of silver paint that fell off of the four wheels, and the miserable people in the warranty department who haven't figured out yet if they will repair the ugly mess.
6. I hate the engine light that has come on four times in a months time.
7. I hate the 20+ trips to dealers for repairs in 22 months.
8. I hate the radio that changes from bluetooth, to FM, to AM, or Sirius on its own.
9 I hate that the navigation system goes wonky from time to time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I personally haven't had any of those problems and I like the auto-stop. My 2018 has a button to turn it off but I haven't done anything with it.

Fuel on the right is annoying

The cargo mat in the back definitely isn't great, slides around to easy.

What the hell is the taneau cover for?

The foot activation seems hit or miss but that might be me

My remote start sometimes just fires for a half second and then stops, with no feedback I have no idea until I have visual

The Fordpass app is pretty meh outside the core remote start function

The ford owner website is pretty bad

My main issue though is Ford Credit, jesus christ what a gong show. I have to wait 2 days after a payment comes out to make a manual payment, but I have to make a manual payment at least 10 business days before the next payment comes out. Which gives me maybe 1-2 days a month where I can actually do that. Plus having to contact them about putting the extra payments against principal.

I'm actually pretty happy with the Escape, but I told the sales guy afterward unless Ford Credit gets their stuff together it's the last Ford I'll be buying.

561 - 580 of 596 Posts