2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
checked the air in the spare tire. Getting close to summer anyways, and need to swap my winter air for summer air...If you need a how to to do this, Chris Fix has an awesome youtube for this very job. but anyways, I digress.

My spare had a whopping 15 psi in it. aired it up and swept out the tire well.

anyways, here is how to swap out your winter air for summer air:

AJ

·
Registered
29 Posts
2017 Ti, put on a WeatherTech sunroof deflector. A little tricky, but finished looks great. I already had their mudflap kit on. The side window deflectors, which I put on quite a while ago before hooking up with the WeatherTech products, are another company.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I added ABS chrome accents to the front marker/fog lights and rear reflectors. I chose the half borders rather than the full borders as the half ones do not cover the reflective surface as much. 2581C833-1B66-485C-9CB0-D9CD136F27A9.jpeg 87544D0E-408E-4E8C-8DCF-1363FA881633.jpeg

·
Registered
682 Posts
Found an annoying low speed flexing noise inside the car when I became a back seat passenger. Turns out it was the luggage cover thingy rubbing against the rear top of the back seat. Adjusted the position and all fine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Washed, clayed, waxed, buffed and made the trim black again.

If you guys have the Platinum White paint, McGuire's makes a white wax that makes it look amazing. Can be found on amazon, and it works for other light colors and pearlescent paints. Put a coat on, buff it off, then go over it with McGuire's Ultimate paste wax and buff. You'll need shades.😎

Not trying to sound like an ad, but haven't found a product line I like better.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Got my tow hook to keep in the Escape in the spare tire area. I'm always surprised the US versions don't come with this. Also got my Visual Garage painted to match shark fin antenna ordered. Should arrive in several weeks or so.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey Hey! Long time, no post, but thats not all bad.
My Kugabird (2013 Titanium 2.0T AWD) has been rolling up the miles and I'm happy to report there has been nothing more than maint items going on. She is due for state inspection next month and with 64k on the clock I thought she might be due for brakes. Maint can mean upgrades when you get the chance so today it was brake pads and drilled/slotted rotors all around. I was also able to give the caliper paint a refresh and the results look great and perform even better. Looking forward to many more happy miles :cool::)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My husband and our friend put in a dry K&N filter yesterday. I'm going to be changing the wallpaper on my Sync here in a little bit!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Washed, clayed, waxed, buffed and made the trim black again.

If you guys have the Platinum White paint, McGuire's makes a white wax that makes it look amazing. Can be found on amazon, and it works for other light colors and pearlescent paints. Put a coat on, buff it off, then go over it with McGuire's Ultimate paste wax and buff. You'll need shades.

Not trying to sound like an ad, but haven't found a product line I like better.
Wait.... What?
I have the tricoat white....
Are you saying you put this white wax on AND then put a synthetic sealant on over top?? I have the Ultimate Liquid Wax (which isn't a wax at all) and it's always the sealant that you put on first, then start layering the carnuba on top.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Customized my sun shade for the dash cam.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife was at a self serve gas station.
She said a older gentleman amballed over.
He said New car?
Wife said no[we just bought it this week].
He said the tires looked new,
She said they Are new.
He said nice car and have a good day.
Guess my quick first detailing paid off.
13 SEL AWD 2.0 Ruby Red Metallic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wait.... What?
I have the tricoat white....
Are you saying you put this white wax on AND then put a synthetic sealant on over top?? I have the Ultimate Liquid Wax (which isn't a wax at all) and it's always the sealant that you put on first, then start layering the carnuba on top.

Yes. Simply because the White Wax is more of a cleaner wax suited for removing oxidation and contaminants. It has sealing properties, but from my observations, not that long lasting (or not as long as the Ultimate paste). It does make the paint look nice, but it's not carnuba. The texture is a bit different, too.

Normally, I agree. But I got the best results doing the white wax first upon the advice of someone else when I brought it up, and they were right. Just for the love of all that's holy, don't let it touch black plastic. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got the roof rails I ordered installed over the weekend. Have to loosen and make slight adjustment to the driver side so they line up better with the passenger side (about an 1/8 inch adjustment). Saw a video about the installation on a 15 or 16 and to my surprise, when I opened the box, the rails were already assembled. This was such as easy installation I couldn't believe. Anyone on the fence I would say pull the trigger!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Got the roof rails I ordered installed over the weekend. Have to loosen and make slight adjustment to the driver side so they line up better with the passenger side (about an 1/8 inch adjustment). Saw a video about the installation on a 15 or 16 and to my surprise, when I opened the box, the rails were already assembled. This was such as easy installation I couldn't believe. Anyone on the fence I would say pull the trigger!
What rails? Or crossbars? Pic?

981 - 1000 of 1044 Posts