·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you notice a lot more wind noise with them installed? Lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Nothing noticeable with just the rails. My sales guy told me though that if I get the crossbars to leave them off unless in use. That seems to be where the wind noise complaints come from.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nothing noticeable with just the rails. My sales guy told me though that if I get the crossbars to leave them off unless in use. That seems to be where the wind noise complaints come from.
Yeah.... I even moved my front one to the rear "stowage" position, but you can definitely hear them still.
My front ones have thumb screws on them to quickly remove them, but there rears did not... I'd like to find another pair

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah.... I even moved my front one to the rear "stowage" position, but you can definitely hear them still.
My front ones have thumb screws on them to quickly remove them, but there rears did not... I'd like to find another pair

I really don't do anything that absolutely requires the roof rails. However, I'd rather have them on and not need them than need them and not have them. I do really the like the aesthetics that they add. With the rails and splash guards, the Escape just looks "complete".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fixed the driver's side wiper arm so it's in the proper"park" position. Was wiping about 4" short of where it should at the A pillar from being on the motor shaft incorrectly. It would jump every time I turned the vehicle on as it thought park position was inside the engine bay 😆 A very quick easy fix. Peace, John

·
Registered
682 Posts
Washed it today and gave it the Collinite 845 Insulator Wax treatment. Used it on the wheels and black wheel arches and outside lower door and front and rear bar trim as well this time and seems to work fine as long as you wipe it off these black areas quickly to give a matte finish.

Good stuff and a little goes a long way. One 16oz. bottle has lasted me 3 years so far and is still nearly half full.

Car is garaged most of the time and I cannot be bothered clay barring and other prep work for a perfect finish. I just use this stuff about every 6 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Washed it today and gave it the Collinite 845 Insulator Wax treatment. Used it on the wheels and black wheel arches and outside lower door and front and rear bar trim as well this time and seems to work fine as long as you wipe it off these black areas quickly to give a matte finish.

Good stuff and a little goes a long way. One 16oz. bottle has lasted me 3 years so far and is still nearly half full.

Car is garaged most of the time and I cannot be bothered clay barring and other prep work for a perfect finish. I just use this stuff about every 6 months.
Very nice...Like your paver driveway too...

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I got mine back from the body shop and no more grey between the exhaust pipes. It looks awesome!! My wife's comment " I don't know why you spent money to have that done, you can't see it while you're driving". My reply: kinda like you getting your hair "done" every week huh? I happily made hot dogs for my supper knowing I was right. My dad's advice for (happy?) marriage. "Do you want to be happy or right?". I prefer a bit of both. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts

R R ;My favourite colour.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Replaced the engine air filter, setting a new personal record of only three attempts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What did I do? Well I looked at the right rear quarter panel corner edge of the bumper where some idiot hit it, chipped paint of the tail hatch door, left a big white paint smudge on the panel, amd damaged the bumper. My wife was parked away from anybody in a spot, not two, three, or four, but one as we are supposed to, and it looked like some idiot made a turm hit the car and just kept going. Oh it's a 2019 Forf Titainium that we bought on Mother's Day and it will already have it's first visit to the body shop. Lovely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed hood struts and oil catch can.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This isn't what I did to my Escape but what my Escape did to me. I was waiting for my wife in Ol' Red with the engine off but Sync on. When the clock turned to 4:14, I started the engine to go pick her up. Suddenly, the clock went back to 4:08. My Escape just took me back in time! Does anyone else have one of these "time machine" Escapes? :LOL:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did a custom 2.5” exhaust alllll the way back today at a local shop. Sounds amazing and spools up wayyyyy faster!

Attachments

1001 - 1020 of 1044 Posts