2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1045 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I got mine back from the body shop and no more grey between the exhaust pipes. It looks awesome!! My wife's comment " I don't know why you spent money to have that done, you can't see it while you're driving". My reply: kinda like you getting your hair "done" every week huh? I happily made hot dogs for my supper knowing I was right. My dad's advice for (happy?) marriage. "Do you want to be happy or right?". I prefer a bit of both. ;)
Lol. Yeah, not the best analogy.

Roof crossbars? Every Escape I’ve driven has had them. Probably have over 100k miles in them. I guess I’m used to the noise. But then I might spend hours driving with a couple windows open sometimes. That’s loud.

·
Registered
25 Posts
image.jpg
In the waiting room.... Custom 3” Catless downpipe being fabricated right now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had my tires rotated this week at Discount Tire and asked them to inspect the front brake pads. My Escape has ~70K miles on it and they have never been changed. I changed the rear pads and rotors due to severe corrosion at ~45K miles. He told me the pads looked a bit thin. They don't do brakes so I trusted him. I also purchased the front pads, Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic QC1645, from Rock Auto when I purchased the rears. So today I changed the front pads. There was actually about 1/4 of the thickness of the new pads left on the old pads. I probably could have went another 15-20K with them. Amazing how much life you can get out of the front pads compared to just a few years ago. The rotors looked great, no need to replace them.
The front pads are easier to replace. You don't need any special tools, not even a clamp. I loosely followed this video. Notice at ~1:25 how he uses a large screwdriver to compress the piston. It works, no need for a clamp to compress the piston. I lubed the face of the piston not the pad like he did. The Wagner pads also come with new clips. The torque for the caliper slider bolts is 27 lb-ft.

Here's the greases I use: Sil-Glyde for the caliper slider bolts because petroleum based lubes will degrade rubber.
71eS-kqUYfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
SG-8.jpg

I bled ~8 oz of brake fluid from each side (16 oz total) with a one-way valve I picked up on eBay a few years ago. They also sell cheaper imitation type valves like it on eBay and Amazon but this one has worked well. https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0143 You can spend big bucks on fancier bleeder tools, use the 2-man method, or take it to your dealer or favorite garage and have them do a complete brake fluid flush.
I checked the brake fluid with my cheapo conductivity meter for % water. It still read <2%. https://www.amazon.com/PTE-Tester-Calibrated-Brake-fluids/dp/B005HVG4GQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=pte+tester+calibrated+for+for+dot+4+brake+fluid&qid=1573173618&s=automotive&sr=1-1 You can read more about testers in this thread. https://www.fordescape.org/threads/brake-fluid-change.95962/#post-1130599
Once you are done don't forget to pump the brake pedal back up before you put it in gear.

·
Super Moderator
5,618 Posts
Has anyone upgraded their regular sync set up to sync3?
Please search the forum for this. There is information in relevant threads. You should also search if you want to go from Sync 2 to 3, which is possible. Going from Sync 1 to 3 I don’t think is. But you’ll find all the information you need in your search

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Installed an Ebay s/s scuff plate to the rear bumper mainly for aesthetics to cover a few scuff marks and scratches but it will also protect the bar when loading stuff... :p
PC200035.JPG

·
Registered
892 Posts
Recently changed my oil since I was going to reach the next oil change interval on a trip. Don't like changing oil in mid-December on the driveway. :)

It was the 70K change, so there was nothing else to do. I have front pads, rotors, and clips on a workbench in the garage. Will do the front brakes in a few months when I remove the snow tires. Pleased that I'll have more than 70K on the front pads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Recently changed my oil since I was going to reach the next oil change interval on a trip. Don't like changing oil in mid-December on the driveway. :)

It was the 70K change, so there was nothing else to do. I have front pads, rotors, and clips on a workbench in the garage. Will do the front brakes in a few months when I remove the snow tires. Pleased that I'll have more than 70K on the front pads.
70k?! What brand (for both the rotors and pads)? I do lots of city driving in various conditions, these sound great. I tend only to get a couple years out of pads on anything I've driven that wasn't super light. And I don't tend to drive too crazy (you can't here between the cameras and congestion).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am now experiencing this issue with my escape. I can drive around and when I let off the gas it has a loud thumping noise on the driver front when I push the accelerator it stops. I have checked all tires and seen no issue. Have they found a cause of this. I have a 2017 escape eco boost AWD

·
Registered
704 Posts
new H7 Osram off-road 65w and H10 Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs
Those Nokya Hyper yellow halogens are of interest, but everyone needs to be aware that '17 - '19 Escape fogs are H11 bulbs, not H10 as on earlier Escapes. I have yellow LED fogs now, but not totally happy with them in the reflectors designed for halogens.
Waiting for these new bulbs to arrive to compare them.

1021 - 1040 of 1045 Posts