2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, can’t get the photo rotated. Had the Raptor grille installed yesterday
View attachment 76095
I love the raptor grill. I was real close to purchasing it. But the thought of disassembling the entire front end to install was just too much for me so soon after purchasing the Escape. Especially when I found the overlay for on sale for $67. It took less than 10 minutes. I realize it will work for about 5 years before I have to reinstall it. By then I will probably be more comfortable with installing the raptor grill.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2017 Titaniu Escape that I got in August. Since almost the first week I got it there is a thumping noise that happens when I let off on the accelerator..... it's a thump, thump, thump. Happens anywhere from 30 mph and 55 mph. It's intermittent and happens when driving around town so I guess when engine is warm.
So far they have tried something in the transmission, replaced sway bar end link, adjusted play in sway bars, replaced front half shaft of axle. Tickets have been put in to Ford for assistance on problem and still no luck.
My car is getting more sour by the day and visit to the dealer. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Today, following a rear cargo leak problem on my 2016 Titanium, I was convinced my roof rack was off the top long enough to dry out the top where the masting/caulking was cracked that I was finally able to permatex the hell out of the cracked areas and replace the roof racks. Very anxious/hopeful this fixes the issue as I only bought it last week. Very disappointed in myself for not looking more thoroughly back there while at the used car lot before I bought it. I am going to let it cure under a cover for 2 days and then give it the good old spray test/let is sit in the rain for a while before I replace all the interior I tore out. I guess one good thing to come out of this is that I will know to look more thoroughly next time, also the proud new owner of a nice dehumidifier ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
New Motorcraft battery, transmission flush, clock spring (my cruise control now works in a predictable and normal manner). Next, I'll add some fun bits and pieces.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Replaced the cabin filter. Who was the clown who designed that badboy? jesus.

Also found what I believe to be the source of my "oil leak"... the valve cover blow by is coating the inside of my air intake pipe to the turbo and it was leaking out of the connector before the turbo.

1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts