2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have they checked the engine and transmission mounts? Have they checked the exhaust mounts? Just because the car is new these mounts should not be overlooked.
That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Today, following a rear cargo leak problem on my 2016 Titanium, I was convinced my roof rack was off the top long enough to dry out the top where the masting/caulking was cracked that I was finally able to permatex the hell out of the cracked areas and replace the roof racks. Very anxious/hopeful this fixes the issue as I only bought it last week. Very disappointed in myself for not looking more thoroughly back there while at the used car lot before I bought it. I am going to let it cure under a cover for 2 days and then give it the good old spray test/let is sit in the rain for a while before I replace all the interior I tore out. I guess one good thing to come out of this is that I will know to look more thoroughly next time, also the proud new owner of a nice dehumidifier ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
New Motorcraft battery, transmission flush, clock spring (my cruise control now works in a predictable and normal manner). Next, I'll add some fun bits and pieces.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Replaced the cabin filter. Who was the clown who designed that badboy? jesus.

Also found what I believe to be the source of my "oil leak"... the valve cover blow by is coating the inside of my air intake pipe to the turbo and it was leaking out of the connector before the turbo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cleaned her up this weekend.

IMG_8040.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
122 Posts
Mounted a Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE hood lift system. Easy peasy.....has a factory installed look
Quick question, as I'm looking at the same thing for my new Escape for safety reasons (have disability issues that make raising the hood and installing the hoodprop a "Flying Walendas" level of complexity)

When you installed them, did you have someone holding the hood up, or were you relying on the hood prop?

NefCanuck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mounted a Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE hood lift system. Easy peasy.....has a factory installed look View attachment 76309
Quick question, I just ordered a kit for my 2020 Escape and I was wondering, is it possible to install the kit while only using the stock prop rod to hold the hood in place? Reason I ask is because I would be doing it myself since getting anyone out in this Covid-19 mess is a challenge at best.

I had a kit on my old Fusion and it was a godsend because of how heavy the hood was and how finicky the hoodprop was.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Quick question, I just ordered a kit for my 2020 Escape and I was wondering, is it possible to install the kit while only using the stock prop rod to hold the hood in place? Reason I ask is because I would be doing it myself since getting anyone out in this Covid-19 mess is a challenge at best.

I had a kit on my old Fusion and it was a godsend because of how heavy the hood was and how finicky the hoodprop was.

NefCanuck
From the video on this page it appears that you can do it that way.
You may have to push the hood away from you slightly to attach the first strut at the top and then it should keep it in the correct position to fit the second strut.

Check out 2.11 into the video... :)

Reactions: NefCanuck

·
Registered
14 Posts
From the video on this page it appears that you can do it that way.
You may have to push the hood away from you slightly to attach the first strut at the top and then it should keep it in the correct position to fit the second strut.

Check out 2.11 into the video... :)

NefCanuck
Yes you can do it by yourself, its very simple and yes use the rod to prop it up. You will have to lift the hood ever so slightly to connect the gas struts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes you can do it by yourself, its very simple and yes use the rod to prop it up. You will have to lift the hood ever so slightly to connect the gas struts.
Okay thanks, out of curiosity, how much effort does it take to unscrew the bolts on each fender? The car was only built in February so in theory it shouldn't be that hard.

Should I also grab some touchup paint or would that run the risk of making it difficult to put the new Redline supplied bolts in?

NefCanuck

·
Registered
14 Posts
No problem just use the supplied instructions, make sure to loosen the right bolt, no paint needed, believe me its very simple.

·
Registered
122 Posts
No problem just use the supplied instructions, make sure to loosen the right bolt, no paint needed, believe me its very simple.
Silly question, do I need a deep well socket, or is that simply to avoid whacking your knuckles? I went through my socket set and realized that all I have is a standard depth socket set. (I might have an extension bar, but I need to double check.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Silly question, do I need a deep well socket, or is that simply to avoid whacking your knuckles? I went through my socket set and realized that all I have is a standard depth socket set. (I might have an extension bar, but I need to double check.

NefCanuck
If you follow the installation video I put on post #1053 you will notice the guy uses a small extension but that was probably to show his action on the video clearer.
A standard socket set should be fine.

Reactions: NefCanuck

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you follow the installation video I put on post #1053 you will notice the guy uses a small extension but that was probably to show his action on the video clearer.
A standard socket set should be fine.
Well, I managed to get the hood struts installed but I think deep sockets would have made the job much easier (could only hand tighten everything but I think I managed to twist it hard enough) but I notice the descent isn't swift enough and you have to make sure you give the hood a strong shove to get it to close and latch properly.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Well, I managed to get the hood struts installed but I think deep sockets would have made the job much easier (could only hand tighten everything but I think I managed to twist it hard enough) but I notice the descent isn't swift enough and you have to make sure you give the hood a strong shove to get it to close and latch properly.

NefCanuck
Yes...that is the trade off. With the old system with a hood prop you can just drop it within around a foot of closing and it will latch. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes...that is the trade off. With the old system with a hood prop you can just drop it within around a foot of closing and it will latch. :)
I'm still used to the redline system on my old Ford Fusion, but to be fair that hood was a lot heavier. that the Escape's hood is.

NefCanuck

1041 - 1060 of 1076 Posts