2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't do this today... But so far on my '17 Escape I've lifted it, put 18's with Atturo XT tires, tinted it, cargo basket, hitch, bull bar, LED light bars front and rear, and front Hella spotlights on the front bull bar... It's pretty fun to drive. I just got back from a 7,700+ mile road trip where I took it down the Shaffer Trail in Canyonlands National Park, open land in Colorado, Valley of the Gods in Utah, and several other places... It was a 3 week vacation. That trip is where this pics are from.

Attachments

·
Registered
'19 Escape Titanium 2.0L EcoBoost
86 Posts
Just downloaded and installed Sync and Maps updates.
All went smoothly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didn't do this today... But so far on my '17 Escape I've lifted it, put 18's with Atturo XT tires, tinted it, cargo basket, hitch, bull bar, LED light bars front and rear, and front Hella spotlights on the front bull bar... It's pretty fun to drive. I just got back from a 7,700+ mile road trip where I took it down the Shaffer Trail in Canyonlands National Park, open land in Colorado, Valley of the Gods in Utah, and several other places... It was a 3 week vacation. That trip is where this pics are from. View attachment 77320 View attachment 77316 View attachment 77318 View attachment 77319
The tires really complement the vehicle overall.

Reactions: ESCAPEDTWICE

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape
2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't do this today... But so far on my '17 Escape I've lifted it, put 18's with Atturo XT tires, tinted it, cargo basket, hitch, bull bar, LED light bars front and rear, and front Hella spotlights on the front bull bar... It's pretty fun to drive. I just got back from a 7,700+ mile road trip where I took it down the Shaffer Trail in Canyonlands National Park, open land in Colorado, Valley of the Gods in Utah, and several other places... It was a 3 week vacation. That trip is where this pics are from. View attachment 77320 View attachment 77316 View attachment 77318 View attachment 77319
Have you noticed any difference in ride, handling or fuel mileage after you lifted it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been working on a custom tune for my 2013 2.0 sel awd with hp tuners. Finally getting somewhere as my best pull has a calculated hp of 274hp at 6000rpm and 278 ft/Ibs tq around 3000rpm( calculation based off of hp tuners brake engine tq data). Still working on getting it to boost properly at 2500 but its a work in progress. This is in 87 octane and I'm being limited by heat soak a lot. As soon as the charge Temps get high I drop at least 30hp. Next step is intercooler, water injection, and very slight intake work. Gonna see how far I can push 87 octane.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Vinyl strip on the Escape...
IMG_20201201_110130.jpg

Reactions: GregRedAngel

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Been working on a custom tune for my 2013 2.0 sel awd with hp tuners. Finally getting somewhere as my best pull has a calculated hp of 274hp at 6000rpm and 278 ft/Ibs tq around 3000rpm( calculation based off of hp tuners brake engine tq data). Still working on getting it to boost properly at 2500 but its a work in progress. This is in 87 octane and I'm being limited by heat soak a lot. As soon as the charge Temps get high I drop at least 30hp. Next step is intercooler, water injection, and very slight intake work. Gonna see how far I can push 87 octane.
I would suggest putting one step colder sparkplugs in there as well just for safety measures.

Reactions: murcod

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,888 Posts
Still working on getting it to boost properly at 2500 but its a work in progress.
Be careful of LSPI . I think that's why there are so many software limits (as mentioned on various forums.)

Have you played around with the auto trans shifting? I reckon that alone would make a big difference on mine- floor it suddenly from a standing start and there seems to be a long hesitation. Then the shifts are very "relaxed" between gears - compared to watching newer torque converter autos on Youtube.

Next step is intercooler, water injection, and very slight intake work.
Have a look at what Mountune did for their MP275 kit on the Focus ST. I've picked up the hardware parts (filter, intake, intercooler) but have only fitted the low restriction intake so far. It's a tight fit but works. It was sold by Ford dealers and covered by the factory warranty - so you know it's a safe and well engineered product.

With the intercoolers, the Mountune MP275 is a thinner "tube and fin" design. Often rubbished compared to thicker "bar and plate" intercoolers, but living in a hot climate I prefer the 2" thin intercooler core as more air will get through to the radiator.

One other thing to consider is apparently the Mk3 Focus RS stock intercooler will fit on the Focus ST- so it should also fit (with some possible custom mounts required). Out of the factory Ford covered up part of it to reduce it's efficiency! Apparently condensation forming inside can be an issue in humid climates if the intercooler works too well.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Yesterday I went out of town to visit my doctor which is about a 25 min ride. I took a quick glance at he weather and it said there was only a 15% chance of precipitation. As I came back from my doctor all the sudden my region got hit with a ice/snow/sleet mix. As soon as the sleet hit my windows it froze which caused me to get off the road a couple times to clear off the frost. Even after all that the slippery roads I made it back home in one piece and traveled under good speed. I hate bad weather but going through that with my new Escape was a great experience.

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yesterday I went out of town to visit my doctor which is about a 25 min ride. I took a quick glance at he weather and it said there was only a 15% chance of precipitation. As I came back from my doctor all the sudden my region got hit with a ice/snow/sleet mix. As soon as the sleet hit my windows it froze which caused me to get off the road a couple times to clear off the frost. Even after all that the slippery roads I made it back home in one piece and traveled under good speed. I hate bad weather but going through that with my new Escape was a great experience.
That situation really shows the advantages of your AWD. ;)

Reactions: Hitokiri

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Reactions: dmike25
1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts