2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
there was some rain in my local area recently and after driving a bit i got some mud and light debris on it. so got myself a car wash and it looks brand new

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thursday I will bolt on the OMAC roof rails and cross bars (made in Germany). They sit up higher than the factory rails and give a bit more room underneath for the Yakima basket to attach.
I'd like to see a picture of the cross bars when you're done to see how far they protrude from the rails, and how high they are from the roof. Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also installed aftermarket splash guards/mud flaps. Once I figured out that they were mislabeled "Front" on rear and vice versa, everything went on in 10 minutes. No drilling required.
I bought them on ebay for $26 + tax. Not sure how they compare to the official Ford ones, but dealership wanted $100 + tax for the set.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Colorado_Al, my Escape didn't have the factory roof rails, or I would have preferred cross bars that sat up higher like yours.
The OMAC rails were much cheaper than factory parts, and buying both the OMAC rails and cross bars I knew they would be compatible.
There were actually two types of crossbars that OMAC sells, a higher type like yours that lock, and the kind I bought, which had a cleaner look.

But man are they low, because of the rounded roof top of the Escape, the crossbars almost touch the roof top in the middle. Putting the bars way to the front and rear, almost near the attachment points helps a bit.
I sat my Yakima basket on the rails, and the clamps that go around the bars stick down too far.
They are curved plastic clamp bottoms that are about 3/4" thick at the deepest point.
I bought some stainless steel bar stock that is about 3/16" thick and an inch wide, and will cut four six inch long pieces and drill holes for the clamp bolts. This will be thin enough to clear the roof top and I'll be able to use my Yakima Load Warrior basket that has holders for my kayak and mtn. bike.

I also added some Westin rain deflectors for the windows. Nice but the back windows need some more training so the anti pinch feature doesn't want to roll them down when closing.
I like those splash guards you got, they look pretty "factory".
Here's a pic, you might have to zoom in to see how low the cross bars are:

Reactions: Colorado_Al

·
Registered
58 Posts
Colorado_Al, my Escape didn't have the factory roof rails, or I would have preferred cross bars that sat up higher like yours.
The OMAC rails were much cheaper than factory parts, and buying both the OMAC rails and cross bars I knew they would be compatible.
There were actually two types of crossbars that OMAC sells, a higher type like yours that lock, and the kind I bought, which had a cleaner look.

But man are they low, because of the rounded roof top of the Escape, the crossbars almost touch the roof top in the middle. Putting the bars way to the front and rear, almost near the attachment points helps a bit.
Thanks!
Wow that is close to the top! I've worked with OMAC before and they were great at exchanging and refunding parts. You might see if they will exchange the cross bars for you so you can get your gear up a bit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A few days ago I installed a bigger 70AH 12v AGM battery in my 2020 Escape Hybrid. Here's a link to my write-up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Today I trimmed and installed Heavy Duty Rubber Floor Mats in my 2020 Escape Hybrid.
I tried to order the official ones from Ford but they are back-ordered and my order kept getting canceled.
WeatherTech also said they would be a few weeks to fulfill my order.
I ordered the SmartLiner ones that said they fit the 2020-2021 Ford Escape Hybrid, but when they arrived, the front ones did not fit.
So, I finally decided to just go with generic trimmable ones and I think they actually fit great and saved me $150.
These are the ones I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A5TLGJ4/

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
79 Posts
Oil change and shoe rotate. Prepping for a trip to Colorado in two weeks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Moved cargo box from the old car to the Escape.
I'm sure I'll take a hit to MPG, but it is way easier to carry skis in the cargo box

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
58 Posts
PTU fluid drain and refill Motorcraft 75W-140 Full Synthetic, Trans Fluid drain and refill Mercon LV (~4.5 qts), plug change Motorcraft SP-550, 48K miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Winter tire changeover, and I bit the bullet and got an extended warranty. With the pandemic still going on I forgot my base warranty ends in just over a month.
That gives me time to figure out what to do...

1081 - 1100 of 1110 Posts