2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD Black
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the furthest trip you have taken with your Escape?

I drove from Arlington, VA to Memphis, TN. 13 hour drive and almost 900 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
109 Posts
Will be making a 4000 mile round trip later this year.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Our old leased 2018 Escape, about 2700 miles last fall from Michigan to Florida and back along with some short day trips while we were there.

Our new 2020 Escape, only about 120 miles in one go. We had a trip of about 500 miles planned for the last weekend in March, but that got nuked due to the virus.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently drove 2200+ miles in 5 days doing service calls from Northern Indiana, all over Ohio, then to Missouri and back home to Northern Indiana. I love my 2015 Escape Titanium.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I drive from MA to OBX five times a year. Anywhere from 670 - 700 miles each way. 1,500-mile round trip including a little driving on OBX during the week.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
My only trip with this Escape has been to Anchorage and back, about 800 miles total.

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
46 Posts
Did a 3600km round trip a few years back. Oil change came due and was done half way through.
Ouch! I would NEVER do an oil change (or any maintenance) just before or during a trip. Glad it worked out for ya.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Ouch! I would NEVER do an oil change (or any maintenance) just before or during a trip. Glad it worked out for ya.
I do oil changes mid-trip. If I'm driving from Alaska to CONUS and back I'll need at least one oil change. The one time in my life that the oil gasket didn't come off with the oil filter was when I changed the oil in an F250 diesel (gallons of oil v.s. just quarts) in the street in front of my dad's house. I cleaned up the mess and learned to always ensure the gasket comes off with the filter, but my dad never trusted me to do an oil change at his house again... even though I did a good job cleaning up the mess...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
oil change is pretty basic maintenance, just after checking fluid levels and air. And i did the change myself in the driveway at the friends house where we were staying. I dont trust 16 y.o. kids at a shop to get it right.

I agree that i wouldn't plan on major brake, engine or tranny work before a trip. need to have a break in period.
I would avoid other work during a trip unless necessary. But, i use the full 16k km oil change interval of the IOLM, and didnt feed like driving 2k km past that.

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
46 Posts
Oil changes are basic, yes but one oops can strand you a long way from home. I'll let it go past the interval before I'd change it mid-trip. Just before a trip, I pump the tires up two or three pounds, check the air in the spare, add washer fluid. All other stuff two weeks before, then after we get back.

My wife and I did a road trip in her RAV last fall - Florida to Colorado and back. 5,025 miles of nearly all interstate (gotta love those 80 mph limits :D). Best kinda miles. The oil was changed when we got back. 8,500 miles was the interval.

·
Registered
11 Posts
North Carolina down through Texas then up through Colorado and Utah and back down to New Mexico and Arizona then back to Texas and North Carolina. Almost 7,800 miles round trip including several-many off-road miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My longest road trip was the day I took delivery, May 23, 2019. I drove from Bremerhaven, Germany to Skopje, North Macedonia. A distance of about 1200 miles give or take.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is the furthest trip you have taken with your Escape?

I drove from Arlington, VA to Memphis, TN. 13 hour drive and almost 900 miles.
I've driven my brand new 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium for 800 straight miles from Seattle to San Francisco when I first bought the car. I love the Escape with its new design and all the high tech including advanced driver safety assist package included.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts