2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went through owners manual twice, never found
Communication Device Automotive design Portable communications device Personal luxury car Font
Communication Device Automotive design Portable communications device Personal luxury car Font

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
2021 escape phev titanium
12 Posts
P -electronic parking brake
button underneath is brake auto hold:Turn this ON if you want your car to hold the brakes esp useful when you are at a red signal light. just press the brakes completely and it will hold it for you even after removing the foot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
P -electronic parking brake
button underneath is brake auto hold:Turn this ON if you want your car to hold the brakes esp useful when you are at a red signal light. just press the brakes completely and it will hold it for you even after removing the foot.
Yep, brake hold. It’s useful for in stop and go traffic, but when I’m parking into stalls I turn it off because it can be a bit of a bother.

It’s a good feature. My wife was rear ended by someone who unknowingly took their foot off the break at a stop light and rolled into her. This feature would have avoided that mishap, if they had it available and turned on.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for replying. Now i can tell wife what it is for.
Bill

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
how long does it hold for?
3rd gen, it would automatically hold for 2 or 3 seconds, when you took your foot off the brake until you hit the gas. but we didnt have a button for it. it was on all the time and was unobtrusive.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,835 Posts
That was hill assist.
This holds until you hit the gas and reengages when you let off, so on one hand useful in a drive through line, but an annoyance if you like to "California" stop at a stop sign and roll through. It doesn't turn off until you hit the button to disengage it.

·
Registered
2021 escape phev titanium
12 Posts
Right. Either you can turn the button OFF or press the gas pedal it will automatically get out of hold and keep rolling. The only drawback of this feature is when you are in the parking lot and trying to park into your spot, this thing will become annoying.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That was hill assist.
This holds until you hit the gas and reengages when you let off, so on one hand useful in a drive through line, but an annoyance if you like to "California" stop at a stop sign and roll through. It doesn't turn off until you hit the button to disengage it.
so it's one pedal driving. kinda like what some of the electic cars do.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Not quite, an electric car you can let off the gas and still roll
This puts on the brake as soon as you let off the gas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not quite, an electric car you can let off the gas and still roll
This puts on the brake as soon as you let off the gas
Are you sure about that? When I use it, the break is only applied once I come to a complete stop. If I let my foot off the break following that stop then the function continues to hold that break for me until I apply pressure to the gas pedal.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I'm finding it depends on the speed, kind of like the fact that the collision avoidance disables and becomes just a parking sensor warning under 5 mph.
IF everybody else's is working differently please chime in and I'll add it to the punch list for the next dealer visit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This works as others have described, it only keeps the brakes applied after you come to a complete stop and they remain applied until you press the gas pedal. It WILL NOT stop a moving car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts