2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased our 2020 Titanium over the weekend. Even our salesperson was stumped by our question about the small slot just in front of the middle armrest storage area... right behind the 3 buttons arranged left to right. (very bottom of the attached pic...) Ours looks exactly like the one in this stock picture I found somewhere on the web. Anyone have any idea if that slot serves a purpose? I can report that the yellow dealer key tag will slide in and out of it (so at least a 2&1/2 inches or so) without ever seeming to bottom out...

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Just purchased our 2020 Titanium over the weekend. Even our salesperson was stumped by our question about the small slot just in front of the middle armrest storage area... right behind the 3 buttons arranged left to right. (very bottom of the attached pic...) Ours looks exactly like the one in this stock picture I found somewhere on the web. Anyone have any idea if that slot serves a purpose? I can report that the yellow dealer key tag will slide in and out of it (so at least a 2&1/2 inches or so) without ever seeming to bottom out...
View attachment 76436
Think I saw an add on Utube that described it as a place to put toll cards or money.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
It looks like it is the right size for a credit card sized card to fit in for easy access. That's my guess.

·
Registered
43 Posts
View attachment 76436
I vote for the card slot also. My 2015 had one also. I used it for my parking card. But it was in the spot on the dash where the heated seat button would have been if i had that option.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid FHEV
4 Posts
I know the parking decks where I work use a card and that would fit perfectly there so in addition to the other suggestions, that seems like it work work too as an answer :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts