2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hello everyone. Just thought I'd share these pics to help the thread along. Motegi MR116 wheels in dark silver with Dunlop Signature HP 235/55/27. One pic with Lamin-X yellow film on the fogs just because. Of note; they didn't hold up to salt very well over the winter. Thinking about switching to amber/yellow LED bulbs. Any ideas or recommendations?
Sorry, guess I can't post pics yet. Noob.
Getting Off Topic here, but in answer to your question about fogs, I replaced the driving light bulbs with yellow LEDs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N67FMQ5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They don't seem to be as bright as the driving lights, but yet I occasionally do get drivers flashing their lights at me.
The Ford driving lights have a sharp cutoff, compared to the yellow halogen fogs that I installed below the bumper on a previous car I owned.
There are two methods to access the driving light bulbs, remove the wheel well liner or pry out the black plastic bezel to access the 2 screws to remove the unit. The latter is easiest/fastest IMO.

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Replace the Toyo Open Country H/T 225/65 R17 with Cooper Discovery AT3 235/60 R17 over the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Side view.

Attachments

Reactions: WxNerd2015

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,422 Posts
They're fitted.

Some interesting figures:
-Stock factory Y spoke 19x8" 52.5mm offset with OEM Continental SportContact 5 235/45R19 99V (covered ~5500km) weight is 23.0kg.
-Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 19x8.5" 45mm offset with brand new Continental SportContact 6 255/40R19 100Y weight 21.0kg .

That's using a set of digital bathroom scales, but the weight difference was very noticeable when lifting them. Even with the difference of 7.5mm offset (ie. extra 7.5mm depth in the Team Dynamics hub), 0.5" wider rim, 2cm wider tyre I've actually decreased weight by ~2kg per wheel/ tyre. :)

In theory there's a 3.75mm decrease in sidewall height going to 255/40R19 but as expected it isn't noticeable to the eye.

Photos-

235mm SportContact 5 vs 255mm SportContact 6 (note- 6 assymetric tread is reverse of how it should be mounted on the car.)

Stock 19" weight

Pro Race 1.3 19" with 255/40 weight

Comparing rear tyres fitted. (The tread of the 6 isn't dusty over the entire tread width which makes it hard to compare.)

I'm going to have to post this in parts - my camera is refusing to connect the the PC to download the pics of them on the car - so I need to try restarting the PC. :(
Further to the above-

I've stripped the tyres off my old OEM 19x8" ET52.5mm Y spoke wheels. I weighed the wheels on the same scales used above and got 13kg for a bare wheel.

From that figure a near new (covered 5000km) ContiSportContact 5 235/45R19 99V tyre weighs around 10kg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone done something with a low low offset? I was considering a set of rims I had picked out for my Focus ST - they come in several sizes, but I was hoping to grab at least the 18x9 +30mm. I like the idea of a deep lip. if i can go 18x9+20, or 18x10+20.. im just curious whats the lowest offset and width combo anyone on here has tried.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Has anyone done something with a low low offset? I was considering a set of rims I had picked out for my Focus ST - they come in several sizes, but I was hoping to grab at least the 18x9 +30mm. I like the idea of a deep lip. if i can go 18x9+20, or 18x10+20.. im just curious whats the lowest offset and width combo anyone on here has tried.
as with any wheel, clearance depends on the tire too. im sure a wide, low offset wheel could be made to fit by stretching a tire onto it to keep it off the fender. or add lots of camber.

but i think you would be blazing the trail in the Escape world. good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,422 Posts
The rear wouldn't be a problem, the front could be as the tyre sits closer to the guard trim. I think there are people running similar offsets earlier in this thread- or using spacers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw an escape in this thread with 16 inch taurus rims on it. I'm wondering if the owner "thenorm" i think his name is, had any issues with the tight clearance. I'm also curious if he had any issues with incorrect speedometer readings and what size tire he was running.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I saw an escape in this thread with 16 inch taurus rims on it. I'm wondering if the owner "thenorm" i think his name is, had any issues with the tight clearance. I'm also curious if he had any issues with incorrect speedometer readings and what size tire he was running.
Personally I didn't have taurus wheels. Early in this thread I was just grabbing any and all pics of wheels.

I do have 16" Volvo steel wheels. Clearances were very tight, just a few mm. To confirm taurus wheels fit, test fit one on the front.
Set the ebrake, jack up the front corner of the car, take the wheel off, put it in neutral and put the Taurus wheel on, spin the wheel by hand, no contact your good.

Tire size was 215/65r16. This is the same diameter as the factory tires so it doesn't change your Speedo at all

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
This thread is for posting pics of your wheels. There are other threads, if you do a search, on 16" wheels and their fitment. The OP that started this thread intended for it to have minimal discussion, with mostly pics and specs of your wheels.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts