2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a '14 Sunset Titanium with the 18" wheels. I bought chrome mag wheels for my factory tires for summer use. I modified my stock wheels to use in the winter with my snow tires. Rather than paint, I applied pieces of black reflective tape to get a different look. You can cut it in any shape or pattern you want. You also have the plus of added nighttime visibility when light hits the tape. Enclosed is a picture. The stock wheel is on the left and the modified one is on the right.
Hey MrMike, I really like the modified look with the tape. Gr8 idea. It looks like a totally different wheel with cuts there. I have the same wheels.
Where did you buy the black reflective tape?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Hey MrMike, I really like the modified look with the tape. Gr8 idea. It looks like a totally different wheel with cuts there. I have the same wheels.
Where did you buy the black reflective tape?

GT099

If I can remember correctly, I bought my tape from ULINE. You can go online and search for reflective tape, and find many options. Another thing I did was to put red reflective tape on the door and trunk edges of my vehicles. If its a dark night and you on the side of the road, oncoming cars will see the tape if your door or trunk is open. I've also used it at home for my mail box, snow thrower, garden tractor, and garbage bins so they show up more at night. My street is fairly dark and traffic can see the tape much better. It also works well on bicycles.

Mrmike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Andros Spec Q wheels. 17" x 8". 45mm offset. Matte Graphite Silver.
BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 tires. 225 65 R17.
Cool, very rugged look with those graphite color rims, and esp. with the BFG KO2 tires.
Btw, those tires are std issue on Ford F-150 SVT Raptor.
When I have to replace my winter tires, I def. will consider getting those.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My new 2018 Escape SEL with its winter shoes on. I found a set of '16 Fusion 18" rims on craigslist for a great price and couldn't resist

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,422 Posts
I've got the remainder of a set of these arriving today. Petrol POA in 17x8" ET40, they weigh 9.0kg. They're made in China, but the factory is owned by TSW (so they should be decent quality.) They've got all the relevant wheel standards on the rear of them and are rated at 772kg.

They're going to be a 2nd set of wheels for country trips where I could be driving on dirt tracks / poorly finished roads. I scuffed one of my OEM 19" wheels on a holiday and don't want it to happen again.

The tyres will be Goodyear Asymmetric 2 in the factory size 235/55R17. I didn't go for an A/T as any driving off sealed roads will be at a slow pace. I was looking for 245/55R17 but it's not a common size with only two Run Flat tyres commonly available here in Australia.

I'm hoping they'll be a lot quieter on coarse road surfaces compared to my other set of 19x8.5" wheels with 255/40R19 ContiSportContact 6 tyres.

I'll post a picture once I've got them fitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, What steel rims and caps are those ? / Part numbers, I am looking to do the same. I also in Ontario. Thank you, Apologies if this is already posted.

Thank you,

·
Registered
110 Posts
My snowies on steel rims. I like having high profile rubber. Purchased from Tire rack. Local Ken Toweries put them on for $14. Even reset the TPMS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
My snowies on steel rims. I like having high profile rubber. Purchased from Tire rack. Local Ken Toweries put them on for $14. Even reset the TPMS.
interesting. Tire rack is offering many 16" options for the up to 2016 escape. 2017 and beyond they only offer 17" as the minumum.

i didn't think there were that many options in 16"

·
Super Moderator
2,422 Posts
Might as well add my winter wheels too.
Wheel name:
Drag DR-31
Size:
17x7 ET 40

Glads to see I'm not the only person who sometimes has wheels and tyres inside the house!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Might as well add my winter wheels too.
Wheel name:
Drag DR-31
Size:
17x7 ET 40

Glads to see I'm not the only person who sometimes has wheels and tyres inside the house!
I don't have a garage and only a small she'd so I store them in my "office" along with my wife's set.

·
Super Moderator
2,422 Posts
I've got the remainder of a set of these arriving today. Petrol P0A in 17x8" ET40, they weigh 9.0kg. They're made in China, but the factory is owned by TSW (so they should be decent quality.) They've got all the relevant wheel standards on the rear of them and are rated at 772kg.

They're going to be a 2nd set of wheels for country trips where I could be driving on dirt tracks / poorly finished roads. I scuffed one of my OEM 19" wheels on a holiday and don't want it to happen again.

The tyres will be Goodyear Asymmetric 2 in the factory size 235/55R17. I didn't go for an A/T as any driving off sealed roads will be at a slow pace. I was looking for 245/55R17 but it's not a common size with only two Run Flat tyres commonly available here in Australia.

I'm hoping they'll be a lot quieter on coarse road surfaces compared to my other set of 19x8.5" wheels with 255/40R19 ContiSportContact 6 tyres.

I'll post a picture once I've got them fitted.

Finally I've got pictures of the Petrol P0A 17x8" ET40mm wheels and 235/55R17 tyres fitted. They're slightly less stable and softer handling compared to my usual 19x8.5" with 255/40R19. Ride comfort is better, but not as big a difference as I was expecting. Coarse road surface noise is better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bought a set of factory 19" oem wheels with pvd chrome, came with Conti oem tires, just about 100% tread along with oem motorcraft tpms. They are flawless, believe me I checked them over head to toe. Our 17 Escape is going to look beautiful when I install them. Not until springtime though. Now I can use the original factory 19's for snow rated tires next winter. I will post pics of vehicle afterward.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone!
I traded my 2008 Mustang in for a 2019 Escape 4 days ago. I love the car so far! I was wondering if anyone has some pics of their escape with aftermarket wheels (I can't stand the stock wheels). Also, 5x108 are a lot harder to find than 5x114.3

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
@CrewsShip24, you've set a new standard for "failure to even try site search" before asking about an obvious and widely posted topic on any car forum.

Other than that, sincere welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your new Escape with aftermarket wheels which are not at all uncommon among our members, just as with every other car enthusiast's forum.

There's no shortage of wheels in the aftermarket for the Escape's bolt pattern and offset.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Google and Tire Rack are your friends here.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts