2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your Engine Size and Model Yr. and where and when your engine was made..Sticker on passenger side of engine near engine mount...Maybe a pattern will show on up on Coolant loss engines....

Mine- 2.0, 2017...Cleveland, made 6/17...

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,337 Posts
So, are you also seeking info about coolant loss issues from respondents? What about yours?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, are you also seeking info about coolant loss issues from respondents? What about yours?
Just anyone who wants to contribute, especially those with the problem if they locate the sticker before they turn it in...My info I gave...No problem with mine, so far...?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Post your Engine Size and Model Yr. and where and when your engine was made..Sticker on passenger side of engine near engine mount...Maybe a pattern will show on up on Coolant loss engines....

Mine- 2.0, 2017...Cleveland, made 6/17...
My QR/Barcode app won't decipher the sticker, neither will two other apps I downloaded, but clearly, mine seems to be made in China. The door sticker shows a vehicle build date of 8/18, I bought it in January 2019. I have just under 15,0000mi/24000km and so far no troubles. Coolant rides just below the add line cold.
2018 1.5L Ecoboost engine sticker

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My QR/Barcode app won't decipher the sticker, neither will two other apps I downloaded, but clearly, mine seems to be made in China. The door sticker shows a vehicle build date of 8/18, I bought it in January 2019. I have just under 15,0000mi/24000km and so far no troubles. Coolant rides just below the add line cold.
2018 1.5L Ecoboost engine sticker View attachment 75725
Is this sticker on the engine itself?..Was this vehicle purchased in the states??
It almost looks like this vehicle was meant for China..???

·
Registered
418 Posts
Is this sticker on the engine itself?..Was this vehicle purchased in the states??
It almost looks like this vehicle was meant for China..???
The sticker is on the passenger side (left as viewed from the front) on the back of the valve cover just behind the motor mount; right where you said it would be? see zoomed out view below.
The car was assembled at Louisville, and has a USA serial number. The window sticker shows that it was shipped by rail ultimately to Freeway Ford, Bloomington, MN where it subsequently was dealer traded to Hudson Ford, Hudson WI where I bought it.
IIRC, the Chinese-market Changan CS35 shares a lot of parts with the Escape

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sticker is on the passenger side (left as viewed from the front) on the back of the valve cover just behind the motor mount; right where you said it would be? see zoomed out view below.
The car was assembled at Louisville, and has a USA serial number. The window sticker shows that it was shipped by rail ultimately to Freeway Ford, Bloomington, MN where it subsequently was dealer traded to Hudson Ford, Hudson WI where I bought it.
IIRC, the Chinese-market Changan CS35 shares a lot of parts with the Escape
View attachment 75726 View attachment 75727 View attachment 75728 View attachment 75729
The picture of the vehicle is not yours .. Does yours have the different front face like this one??
No Blue Oval too...So the Escapes they sell in China look like this?

·
Registered
418 Posts
The white car is a Changan CS35, which is mechanically similar to the global Ford Escape. One of several Changan models sold throughout. China and other SE Asian markets. Ford has a partnership with Changan and builds Ford and Lincoln models in China jointly with them.
All of the other photos I uploaded are of my own FE.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The white car is a Changan CS35, which is mechanically similar to the global Ford Escape. One of several Changan models sold throughout. China and other SE Asian markets. Ford has a partnership with Changan and builds Ford and Lincoln models in China jointly with them.
All of the other photos I uploaded are of my own FE.
So the engine you got is the same they put in the Asian models since it has that on your label...Where are they built, is the $64k question?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,874 Posts
Reactions: KY.BORN and chrisgb

·
Registered
418 Posts
Changan's HQ and al least the engine plant if not everything else, is in the Chinese Province of
Chongqing (pronounced "Chung-king," like the chow mien). I believe some of the early NA-bound 1.5L engines came from Great Britain. Changan Ford is 50-50 joint ownership.

·
Registered
418 Posts
BTW @KY.BORN, you owe me $64,000! :devilish:

·
Registered
418 Posts
So the engine you got is the same they put in the Asian models since it has that on your label...Where are they built, is the $64k question?
Not to put too fine a point on it (OK, I am), but I don't know if the 1.5L we use is used elsewhere in that size. I know that Ford at leest has other powertrains they use in the Escape in other markets; smaller , larger, diesel, etc. I don't know much about Changan's powertrain lineup, But I know for a fact they built and shipped at least one 1.5L Ecoboost 4 to Louisville Assembly: see photo in post #4

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts

My 2.0 for my 2018 was made in Cleveland. 6,650 miles and no problems. I don't get around as much as I used to:).

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
Not to put too fine a point on it (OK, I am), but I don't know if the 1.5L we use is used elsewhere in that size. I know that Ford at leest has other powertrains they use in the Escape in other markets; smaller , larger, diesel, etc. I don't know much about Changan's powertrain lineup, But I know for a fact they built and shipped at least one 1.5L Ecoboost 4 to Louisville Assembly: see photo in post #4
Euro built Kuga has it as an option. Ford list the plant at Bridgend UK as making the 1.5l EcoBoost for the Kuga. A Ford factory in Romania also make it, Craiova, listed for the Chinese Mondeo.

Looks like they're closing Bridgend next year - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48533790 , possibly due to the new 3 cylinder 1.5l EcoBoost replacing the 4cyl?

Reactions: KY.BORN

·
Registered
716 Posts
Post your Engine Size and Model Yr. and where and when your engine was made.
2.0, 2017...Cleveland, made 09/22/16
No coolant problem (yet?).

Reactions: KY.BORN

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Changan's HQ and al least the engine plant if not everything else, is in the Chinese Province of
Chongqing (pronounced "Chung-king," like the chow mien). I believe some of the early NA-bound 1.5L engines came from Great Britain. Changan Ford is 50-50 joint ownership.
AH Ha,,,Now we're getting somewhere,,They even put a Chinese made engine in the U.S. models...Are any of the 2.0's made there too and end up in the U.S. production?

·
Registered
285 Posts
1.5L 2018. No clue how to decipher my engine sticker to determine engine assembly location:

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
1.5L 2018. No clue how to decipher my engine sticker to determine engine assembly location:
The pic doesn't appear to have worked?

I just checked my Kuga and I'm guessing my sticker is like what you've got - no mention at all what factory it was made in? I've got 2 barcodes and some numbers, the only one that means anything to me is the "2.0" being it's a 2.0l EcoBoost.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts