2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer? Purchased in Dec and already has a few knicks! I think it's from the car wash, never again.....

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
IMHO getting the right paint is the easy part. Getting satisfactory results from this DIY project might not be so good? I'd consult a professional as step #1. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
"Professionals" would charge you $$$ but luckily there are plenty of YouTube videos how to do it properly.

Reactions: Vader101

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
"Professionals" would charge you $$$ but luckily there are plenty of YouTube videos how to do it properly.
It's difficult to know what anyone would charge unless you ask for a quote, which is free btw. My body shop did a complete chip repair and buff for about 100 bucks, and they did a flawless job. Just my opinion. Your choice. :)

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
It's difficult to know what anyone would charge unless you ask for a quote, which is free btw. My body shop did a complete chip repair and buff for about 100 bucks, and they did a flawless job. Just my opinion. The paint listed above seems to cost 50-100 bucks? and you still risk messing it up. Your choice. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's difficult to know what anyone would charge unless you ask for a quote, which is free btw. My body shop did a complete chip repair and buff for about 100 bucks, and they did a flawless job. Just my opinion. Your choice. :)
Depends. If you paid $100 to repair a single tiny chip that's way too much. If this was 10 chips its a good deal. Personally I don't care for chips it's a waste of money and doesn't affect resale value.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
887 Posts
Most of the colors now are 3 stage applications or the clear coat is a pearl instead of being a simple clear coat.
Hence the reason that results really vary even when someone uses a foam micro brush.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have the blue or white metallic, just wait until the paint starts coming off the windshield pillars in one or two inch chunks!! Not enough paint in a touchup bottle to fix that mess !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer? Purchased in Dec and already has a few knicks! I think it's from the car wash, never again.....
Dealer, Magnetic Metallic.
Haven’t used it yet though. I bought it in August to address 2 small but noticeable chips.
Dear Ford, Why put a white base under dark gray, metallic paint??? Can’t undercoat be tinted? Yeesh!

This vehicle’s paint exhibits more chips than any other vehicle I’ve owned, new or used and it’s my 3rd new Ford/Mercury.

My vehicle is a 2018, 1.5L bought NEW w/ 55 miles on it (leftover) in March, 2020; just over a year ago!
Multiple chips now visible.
I will question paint issues with the dealer’s service department BUT I have to pick my priority today as I am literally...
Waiting for a call from my dealership’s service department to inform me of Ford’s plan to replace my engine after piston ring problem caused oil to leak and destroy cylinders!!!
Yup! You read correctly!
Second routine service was performed March 21st; less than 6 weeks ago.
I complained first about an engine tapping sound (pistons?) within first few months of ownership and was told it was the sound of “fuel injectors”.
By November, I noticed vehicle’s excessive oil consumption. Consumption beyond any car I have ever driven!
Reported twice to dealer with no issue identified.
I’m disgusted and sad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts