2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the Sync microphone is located? I know microphones have different pick-up patterns and I am sure the one used by Sync has a pattern that will pick up the drivers voice but it may help at times to speak directly towards the microphone.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I have wondered this myself, and I would also like to know the answer to your question. I have a little vented area underneath my A/C controls, and I've wondered if the microphone is back behind that, but I don't know... (It looks like a space that WOULD be a button if my FE was a Titanium edition, but since I don't have a titanium, I get a weird looking vented button space instead, or something like that...)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I second leadmic,

I actually just noticed it the other day... If you look right above the sunglasses holder, there's what looks like a mini vent that's about the size of a nickel. The mic is in there!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have wondered this myself, and I would also like to know the answer to your question. I have a little vented area underneath my A/C controls, and I've wondered if the microphone is back behind that, but I don't know... (It looks like a space that WOULD be a button if my FE was a Titanium edition, but since I don't have a titanium, I get a weird looking vented button space instead, or something like that...)
I think those little vent looking slots are for credit cards/license at least they fit in there perfect.. I dont have the Escape with me or I would take pics..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think those little vent looking slots are for credit cards/license at least they fit in there perfect.. I dont have the Escape with me or I would take pics..

You are correct. The slots are meant for credit cards, parking lot gate passes, prepaid toll road passes, etc.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
There must be more than one version. Unless your credit cards are smaller than an SD card, they wouldn't fit in the slots in my Escape.

---

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
There must be more than one version. Unless your credit cards are smaller than an SD card, they wouldn't fit in the slots in my Escape.

---
We are now talking about 2 sets of slots.

1. Slots in the overhead console where the sun glasses are kept. Thats the microphone.

2. Slots that are beneath your AC controls on the passenger side IF AND ONLY IF you do not have the power liftgate. If you have the power liftgate the button for lift/close and a blank (in mine) to the left occupy that area.

Vin

·
Registered
4 Posts
i've actually had my wife on the phone trying to tell me if she heard my voice better as i moved around and turned my head, trying to find the mic

i think that she lost interest, as she said that 'everything sounded the same'

so i suppose that could be good news for us...

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
i've actually had my wife on the phone trying to tell me if she heard my voice better as i moved around and turned my head, trying to find the mic

i think that she lost interest, as she said that 'everything sounded the same'

so i suppose that could be good news for us...
To improve sound quality for your listener, while you're driving, stand up and lean toward the right. ; )

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To improve sound quality for your listener, while you're driving, stand up and lean toward the right. ; )

And welcome to the forum.
thank you so much... bought a used '13 titanium last week and discovered this forum googling the securicode location

and just an hour later, i learned that the ford extended warranty that i purchased for the totaled '10 fusion hybrid and never used *might* be refundable

if i can make that happen, i promise that i will make it rain on this forum!

and as for the stand up, lean right advice... i'm not sure that i can drive while standing and leaning through the sunroof, but i'll give it a try later today! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, newbie here...I found this forum and I hope answers will come to my questions...lol...so...how do I test the mic on a escape 13?? where is the mic located?? no one can hear on the phone and the car doesn't hear my commands neither...I want to know if it's muted or something...or is it broken?? is it unplugged?? Thnx in advanced..

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Hi everyone, newbie here...I found this forum and I hope answers will come to my questions...lol...so...how do I test the mic on a escape 13?? where is the mic located?? no one can hear on the phone and the car doesn't hear my commands neither...I want to know if it's muted or something...or is it broken?? is it unplugged?? Thnx in advanced..
See post #3 of this thread.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Push the steering wheel command on the right side of the steering wheel and MRS. SYNC should ask you to say a command. Then tell her what you want (say audio?) If it is working you will know immediately. I have a new to me Escape also and I watched a ton of you-tube videos to learn how to use everything, plus the book will help also. And this site has a ton of good information through the search feature at the top. You just have to figure out how to word your request.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Also try turning the sync volume up whilst you are speaking if you have not already done that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
wiz043 may be on the right track. The radio volume is independent of the Sync Commands volume. If the Sync volume is low, you will never hear the car responding to your button push. As soon as you hit the Sync button, adjust the volume instantly and see if you can hear the cars voice.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Also, the phone volume is separate again, so you need to turn the volume up as the caller speaks and it will then retain that level in the same way as the GPS volume.

Please let us know how if this solves the problem...:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Push the steering wheel command on the right side of the steering wheel and MRS. SYNC should ask you to say a command. Then tell her what you want (say audio?) If it is working you will know immediately. I have a new to me Escape also and I watched a ton of you-tube videos to learn how to use everything, plus the book will help also. And this site has a ton of good information through the search feature at the top. You just have to figure out how to word your request.
Already did and found it...still dont if it works...I can hear sync asking me for commands..but it seems sync cant hear my commands...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Already did and found it...still dont if it works...I can hear sync asking me for commands..but it seems sync cant hear my commands...
Did you try a factory reset?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts