2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes 2017 Escape 2.0 has gotten a lot more vibration when idling lately, feels like a bad motor mount

The rear one I replaced a while ago with the FSWERKS one

Does anyone know the part numbers for the other motor mounts? I keep finding completely different looking mounts all over the place that all say 2.0 Escape for 2017

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Reactions: IlikePizza

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, that is exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if the "Mount Plate" is something that could wear out?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So from that, CV6Z-6038-B is NOT what I need for a 2.0? A little confused over the parts still

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it, its
BV6Z-6038-B

Thanks!

Reactions: Hitokiri

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
So from that, CV6Z-6038-B is NOT what I need for a 2.0? A little confused over the parts still
According to the link I send you the 2.0 shouldn't have it but I'm pretty sure it's this mount which I circled in the picture. So I think the link is wrong or could be wrong.

Ford-Escape-2013_040.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like a pretty similar part, hopefully its easy to swap!

And also hopefully it fixes the issue. Before I take it in I feel like its an easy one to knock out

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,741 Posts
The rear one I replaced a while ago with the FSWERKS one
Have you checked that aftermarket one out for problems eg. loose bolts/ wear? You don't see too many OEM engine mount failures posted up on here.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you checked that aftermarket one out for problems eg. loose bolts/ wear? You don't see too many OEM engine mount failures posted up on here.
I haven't to be honest, they seem so strong though I can't see a failure being likely

Ill replace the top one and see what happens, and then go from there

·
Registered
143 Posts
I replaced the passenger motor mount and the rear bottom mount back in 2019. They looked fine when mounted, but after taking them out, it was obvious when comparing to the new ones that they were not good. The rubber also had started to crack on them. The driver's side motor/trans mount is solid metal and had no cracks or warpage or anything signifying it needed replaced. I will note that vibration increased after replacing both mounts. The rear bottom one was replaced with a more solid option (less rubber) so I am assuming that's what is causing the increase in vibration.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the new mount today, is it pretty easy to swap? None of the videos are for a 2017+ but I assume its similar to a 2016

Remove coolant tank, remove bottom ****ty felt cover, jack under engine with a bit of wood just to keep it supported, then swap it out with impact?

I'm hoping the bottom one doesn't nee doing too, but I do have the original one spare if I need to. Feel like that might be a little harder to do though if it does need it. I replaced it with the FSWERKS one when I got the vehicle, so I'm hoping that hasn't failed after just 20000 miles

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well damn! Its the FSWERKS one. Thats around 20,000 and its toast

Reactions: murcod

·
Super Moderator
2,741 Posts
As I suspected earlier. Aftermarket parts aren't subjected to anywhere near the testing Ford does on it's vehicles before release.

Have you contacted them at all?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have not contacted them, but I'm inclined to agree with you on the testing. In my very limited experience, I've always had much better luck with for OEM parts. The downside is the OEM motor mount is so flimsy it affects the handling of the car even during normal driving

I just ordered CM5Z6068A, which is the rear motor mount on the Ford Focus Electric, and its the ones the Focus ST guys are running. Lets see how this works out

I guess I'll just go ahead and replace the top mount now I have it too, it looks easy enough to do

Even if FSWERKS does give me another one, I wouldn't even want to use it really...

·
Super Moderator
2,741 Posts
OEM motor mount is so flimsy it affects the handling of the car even during normal driving
How does it affect/ improve the handling?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How does it affect/ improve the handling?
Totally removed wheel hop if you floor it from a stop, smoother shifting too. It just feels so much nicer

Reactions: Hitokiri

·
Super Moderator
2,741 Posts
Totally removed wheel hop if you floor it from a stop,
So it's more traction than handling?

You should have just got one with AWD- that never happens. ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it's more traction than handling?

You should have just got one with AWD- that never happens. ;)
If I could go back in time I would have just skipped it, and gone straight for my F150 😄

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, here is the aftermath. Got the Focus Electric mount in now and car is great. I also swapped the top mount for good measure, was pretty easy

I'll write FSWERKS onto my do not buy list...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts