2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
I just brought a used 2013 ford escape titanium 2.0cl ( i believe its awd) I need ALL motor mounts 馃く does anyone know how many mounts this car has and or any advice please?
I would like to have my bf try to install himself but can't find how many mounts my car has or if they have specific names or numbers

Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
I just brought a used escape with no odea of all the issue that were about to slap me in the face especially during this pandemic 馃槱 I saved almost 3k by having my bf install all new fuel i injectors but now I need ALL motor mounts and the mechanic is charging me 640 in labor 馃く does anyone know how many mounts this car has and or any advice please?
I would like to have my bf try to install himself but can't find how many mounts my car has or if they have specific names or numbers
I merged your thread with an existing thread on motor mounts. Have a look at the other posts here.

Registered
I merged your thread with an existing thread on motor mounts. Have a look at the other posts here.

Excuse me I'm still learning to navigate this site, I can't see any other thread.

Thought I seen a msg asking which mounts I need and the answer is All lol just don't know how many my car has bc I got 1 mechanics claiming 3 aaaand another says 4

Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
The car has three motor/transmission mounts, you'll find them on rockauto.com.
They can be done with the car on a rack or leveled on blocks using a floor jack and a block of wood.
The passenger side top mount is a little tight to get to, the rear transmission mount (roll restrictor in Fordspeak) isn't too bad to replace, the driver side transmission mount I've never looked at.

There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to replace the individual mounts.

With motor mounts it's usually the labor cost that gets you, the last time I had one replaced on a car I got charged $67 for the mount (cost through RockAuto was $22, Advanced Auto for the same part was $49) and $145 for the labor. Most shops stack labor charges, the book says X number of hours for this mount, X for this one, etc without (unless they have a kind heart) giving any credit for the fact that the book hours estimate includes time to put the car on the rack, etc.

Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
Excuse me I'm still learning to navigate this site, I can't see any other thread.
You are already in the thread, just scroll up to view the other posts

Premium Member
Well, here is the aftermath. Got the Focus Electric mount in now and car is great. I also swapped the top mount for good measure, was pretty easy

I'll write FSWERKS onto my do not buy list...
Wholly cow. That is pretty bad. I'm sort of disappointed with this since FSWerks usually makes very high quality stuff. Guess not this time. :(

Registered
The car has three motor/transmission mounts, you'll find them on rockauto.com.
They can be done with the car on a rack or leveled on blocks using a floor jack and a block of wood.
The passenger side top mount is a little tight to get to, the rear transmission mount (roll restrictor in Fordspeak) isn't too bad to replace, the driver side transmission mount I've never looked at.

There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to replace the individual mounts.

With motor mounts it's usually the labor cost that gets you, the last time I had one replaced on a car I got charged $67 for the mount (cost through RockAuto was $22, Advanced Auto for the same part was $49) and $145 for the labor. Most shops stack labor charges, the book says X number of hours for this mount, X for this one, etc without (unless they have a kind heart) giving any credit for the fact that the book hours estimate includes time to put the car on the rack, etc.
Thank you so much for that information 馃檶馃檶

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Wholly cow. That is pretty bad. I'm sort of disappointed with this since FSWerks usually makes very high quality stuff. Guess not this time. :(
Yep, I've written them off. I emailed them twice too, no reply...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts