2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I notice that whenever I turned off my Ford Escape 2013 Ecoboost, and while remaining in the car, I always hear a buzz whirring sound.

Can anybody help me to determine what is that sound?

Thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
No idea... mine does the same since new.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Haven't heard it. Maybe the fuel pump? I've had other vehicles that you hear the fuel pump prime the system when you switch to accessory before starting the car. Just a subtle whirring sound.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think this is what you are hearing...

My last car was a MINI John Cooper Works that had a 1.6L intercooled twin scroll turbo. The sound you may be hearing is added fluid circulation to cool off the turbo after shutdown. I heard this on my MINI after shutdown. I believe this is the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. This sound logical. But I will continue on my search. As a matter of fact I should be at the dealer tomorrow for regular servicing, and to point out a clump sound coming from the left front end when I turned the steering wheel to park. But thanks again and to all to replied to my post.

Cool

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK those will be your HVAC climate control servo motors "resetting". This is normal.
Will this do this more than once?

I thought I was crazy...heard it a few times. Twice now while getting a bite and eating in the car with the radio off with my fiancee we both heard it. We heard at least 2 times in 20 minutes.

What is funny is I said it sounds like the motors for the vents or something. So maybe I was close. But just seems odd that this happens more than once after shut off. I'd say it happens somewhere between 5 - 10 minutes after engine shutoff...and when it happened again.... 5-10 minutes after the first time we heard the noise.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Never had that sound.. Just think the sound of the fan shutting down after the vehicle is turned off reminds me of a small single engine airplane shutting down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will say I do hear a whirring sound for a few seconds when my car turns off. This is the sound of the electrical fans for the radiator, though. Very audible and noticeable with the hood up. Only lasts for a few seconds. Maybe that could help.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,767 Posts
I believe one of the sounds after shut down is the HVAC system closing the fresh air flap to recirculate. I'm not sure if that is a Kuga only thing, but my theory is it does this to prevent false triggering of the Thatcham alarm system's ultrasonic interior movement detector. (I noticed the flap in mine closing once when I was examining the BCM area after turning the ignition off.)

·
Super Moderator
3,767 Posts
No, neither does Australia- we don't even get the basic alarm system.

·
Super Moderator
3,767 Posts
It must be because we're all reformed and now model citizens.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.