2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering with the plant closing if that would includes there parts warehouses, with Ford owners having all these engine problems it would concerned me about available parts.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Hard to say. The parts are made all over the planet. Plants initially make enough parts to last a heck of a long time because they have to retool/recalibrate for the next part. Chances are we won’t be affected, unless of course they retooled the plant assembling the 1.5 turbo into making respirators.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to say. The parts are made all over the planet. Plants initially make enough parts to last a heck of a long time because they have to retool/recalibrate for the next part. Chances are we won’t be affected, unless of course they retooled the plant assembling the 1.5 turbo into making respirators.
You're correct about the parts being made all around the world, I assume Ford is like GM with it's parts warehouses. If dealers didn't or couldn't get the parts to do warranty work the vehicle just sat outside until they could get the parts.....non warranty work could probably handles by places like NAPA.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It totally will. I ordered parts for my explorer and they are backordered even for dealers. All computer gear for my work has long lead times etc. factories have slowed or shut down to mitigate risk. It will take a hit in everything :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts