2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport Hybrid FWD SE
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the temperatures decline, the windows are always foggy!! This is going to kill my milage in the winter!!lol
Is there a tip for this? With my 2011 I never ever used heat or the defroster, unless there was snow and ice obviously.
I don't get why this car is always foggy. I guess it's a little smaller and the battery warms the inside. It seems like the defroster is going to be mandatory, which is going to kill the milage. I'm going to try rainx buy still is there anyone have any tips? I've left the moonroof cracked today and it does help but obviously it's going to get alot colder....

·
Registered
2020 Escape AWD Hybrid Titanium
593 Posts
You sound like a new owner. I've been through a winter and I think you're in for a surprise.

Window fogging only happened to me once, a couple weeks ago, and it was a short stop on a rainy day. I think it's a local effect; moisture welling up from the vents after a long drive in the rain. The dash runs ~10F hotter than the cabin. It's never happened overnight.

Perhaps your 2011 had a belt-driven AC? Your expectations for 2021 are way off. Cold weather kills mileage, but it's not the AC's fault. The Escape Hybrid's AC compressor is electric, driven by the HVB, and it's a trivial load compared with locomotion. I've been averaging mileage in the 50's this summer with 100% AC use, so I'm not sure what's to gain. Engine-driven AC is another story, just not this one.

The HVB is liquid cooled but it's outside, independent of cabin temperatures, unlike C-Max.

RainX on interior glass is one of the WORST IDEAS KNOWN. Instant fog, all the time. Without aerodynamic forces to move them into each other, tiny water droplet form that make for excellent frosted glass. Completely opaque to any and all image detail. You've been warned. (I've converted to RainX Washer Fluid.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Make sure you dont have a roof leak.
Couple years ago my wife's 2017 had ice on the inside of the windshield.
Turned out she had a roof leak.
Rear carpet and spare tire area were wet.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,391 Posts
Try cracking your windows for a bit on a sunny day.
It's possible that you have some moisture trapped inside, even tossing a wet umbrella in the back can cause this if the car isn't open enough to vent.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Make sure Recirc is off. That will fog up windows in a heartbeat if it's on. Mine comes on automatically, I have to shut it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts