2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this happen?
Car is a late June, 2020 build and it looks like Ford did a parts change as of the Sept 2, 2020.
The original part was $68, the new one is $155.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Are you referring to this phenomenon? I know I’m a 3G Escape, but it misbehaves in the center. I have made sure all the clips are engaged but it still acts weird and doesn’t lay flat.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Close, mine is about 1/3 of the way across the windshield on the passenger side.
When is pops the rubber weatherstrip that lays on the windshield is about 1/4" off the glass.
The dealer has ordered a replacement which won't be in for a bit since they're on back order.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The second cowl is now popping right below the passenger side windshield wiper pivot.
The service writer at the dealer was able to find the same problem starting on two (2) 2022 Escapes on their new lot and also on a 2021 loaner that they have.
Has anyone else seen this?
Since I haven't come across this online anywhere and Ford hasn't published anything I'm wondering if this is a Hybrid/PHEV only issue cause by the high voltage cable running across the lower cowl or if it's across the board.
Hood Automotive tire Window Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid. Gas/Electric.
3 Posts
I have a 2020 Ford Escape Titanium, Deep Persian Green, Gas Electric Hybred, 32000 miles ( 53000kms). Have had nothing but problems. Today, had the front window cowl replaced under warranty, got home, checked it, it popped out again. Now waiting for tech to fix it again.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid. Gas/Electric.
3 Posts
Ok...so the Tech, popped the front window cowling back into place, then took it for a test drive. It popped out again. Upon further investigation, it seems clips or brackets that hold the cowling in place are defective. So, now have to wait for parts...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts