2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium. We had a bad storm go through our community Thursday and some debris must have chipped the windshield. While looking at the chip I noticed the exterior vertical molding that holds the windshield in place is fading. Almost, to light grey white shade instead of black. Does anyone have this Type fading occurring?

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's probably more a result of whatever car wash solution you're using being too aggressive. What you have there will clean up with an automobile plastic rejuvenater. For the future I'd recommend using a car wash solution with a quality wash n wax component to it, (I use Meguires) and using only the recommended concentration.

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Here ya go

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's probably more a result of whatever car wash solution you're using being too aggressive. What you have there will clean up with an automobile plastic rejuvenater. For the future I'd recommend using a car wash solution with a quality wash n wax component to it, (I use Meguires) and using only the recommended concentration.

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk
It’s a new used car for us that we purchased in December. I usually use the Mequires gold on the other cars through the foam gun. I guess the previous owner ran it through the car wash......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here ya go

I promise I did try to search! I guess I need to practice searching!

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
I promise I did try to search! I guess I need to practice searching!
I use "Google" to search and it will return results from this forum. ;)

·
Registered
2013 Escape S 2.5L (Frosted Glass Metallic)
49 Posts
I noticed the same thing on mine today. Pretty disappointing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts