2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with the wipers on my 2013 Ford Escape SE AWD 2.0. After using my Innova Scan Tool...this is what it said:

Under "Needs Attention":

IPC - Instrument Panel Control

U0401-64 - Invalid Data Received From (ECM/(PCM) - Signal Plausibility Failure
U0073-00 - Control Module Communication Bus Off
U0140-00 - Lost Communication with Body Control Module
U0100-00 - Lost Communication with (ECM)/(PCM) a
U0422-68 - Invalid Data Received from Body Control Module - Event Information
U0121-00 - Lost Communication with (ABS) Control Module

BdyCM - Body Control Module

B129-86 - (LIN) Buse D - Signal Invalid
B109B-15 - License Plate Light - Circuit Short to Battery or Open
B1131-87 - Wiper motor module - Missing Message
B129A-88 - (LIN) Bus D- Buss Off
U1007-00 - Lost Communication With Battery Monitoring Sensor

FCDIM - Front Control/Display Interface Module

U2013-87 - Switch Pack - Missing Message

HVAC - Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning

U0140-00 - Lost Communication with Body Control Module
U0155-00 - Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module

Then I used my basic FIXD App:

License Plate Light - B109B
(SCP(J1850) Communications Bus Fault - u1007
(LIN) Bus D - B129A
Wiper Motor Module - B1131

Confirmed Fix & Cost Battery Monitoring Sensor w/B112b, B129a U1007 (Cost 50.00 -$150.00)

After researching your forum a few days ago - I saw that when replacing the battery, which I did in August 2019, was to get the BMS reset. I didn't have the cord the OBD Link - EX to view the issues with the ForScan Tool to reset it myself.

I called up the dealer and explained to them that I had the battery replaced last August 2019 and I did it myself. They said that I had to have the BMS resetted otherwise my Vehicle would think that I had the same battery installed and it would ruin my battery. If my battery was ruined, then it would have to be replaced.

So, I took it to the Ford dealer today and put down around 87.00 for them to do the reset on the BMS (And lucky for me my battery was not damaged). They said that they even cleared the codes, but as soon as I started driving away from the Service Department the wipers came back on...ugh...I called them up and explained to them that I was still having Wiper Issues after the BMS was resetted. They said to do the diagnostics it would cost me 175 dollars..really, OMG...

Has anyone else had any issues like this? I'm totally a DIY person, but I don't want to put anymore money down to resolve the wipers turning on and off automatically. Should I unmount the wipers, run the wiper cycle a couple of times, then re-mount the wipers? Back in August I was having issues and I noticed that there was a lot of battery corrosion. We took the connectors off and cleaned them up really nicely, then put down some felt pads to help with any possible battery corrosion.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
400 Posts
Based on what was just in another area of the forum you might want to check the battery management sensor and it's pigtail on the negative battery post.
Evidently it's on the LIN bus and reversing the wiring on the sensor kills the wipers, so it would make sense that if the wiring or sensor had a problem that it could cause issues on the data bus.
Sensor is part of the negative battery cable: AV6Z-10C679-P
Pigtail is part number: Motorcraft WPT-1396 or DU2Z-14S411-AZA .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on what was just in another area of the forum you might want to check the battery management sensor and it's pigtail on the negative battery post.
Evidently it's on the LIN bus and reversing the wiring on the sensor kills the wipers, so it would make sense that if the wiring or sensor had a problem that it could cause issues on the data bus.
Sensor is part of the negative battery cable: AV6Z-10C679-P
Pigtail is part number: Motorcraft WPT-1396 or DU2Z-14S411-AZA .

Is this hard to do??? I have been searching for videos on how to do this...

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's not hard to do, the method used to get to it is the same as what you would use to replace the battery.
And you should also read the warning about the wiper motors if you use the cowl method which for this repair would probably be the easiest way to do it.
The pigtail replace is easy with a set of sealed butt connectors, just do one wire at a time to make sure you don't reverse the two wires. The sensor is part of the negative battery cable, changing that with the battery exposed only takes a wrench.

·
Registered
400 Posts
So did your problems go away when you replaced the negative cable ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts