2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Escape was built in Dec. 2019. The manual says the Titanium should have wireless charging but placing Iphone with wireless on the area the charging pad is located does nothing. Lifting the pad that is over the wireless charge area shows nothing. I read in one article that the pad wasn't going to be in the factory installed until sometime in the spring. Just want to verify I have this right and any suggestions of a charging pad I could buy to use in the same location the original charger is supposed to be? Thought about asking the dealer if one could be ordered and installed?

Overall I love the car and the 43 mpg I'm getting. What I don't like is the windshield being so high that early in the day I'm blinded by sunlight unless I pull the visor down. I had some tint installed at the top of the windshield which helps. I think the interior is far too cheap for being the top of the line. I also wish the Sync 3 worked wireless with the Iphone instead of having to use a wire connection.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
109 Posts
Do you have your "as built" sheet handy? If yours has "Titanium Premium Package 2.0" then there should be a wireless charging pad there (mine has it and was built Feb 25/20)

Of course you can't use CarPlay with wireless charging, so it's a moot point.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do not have a factory build sheet. The Invoice shows the 400A package which on the online order form shows the wireless charger included. Been considering buying a wireless charging pad 12V and use the 12V plug in. Currently I don't use the CarPlay but the wireless charging would be of value to me. I sincerely appreciate your effort and time to answer my inquiry.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine (Titanium 2.0L) was build in Dec 2019 and does not have wireless charging. Yours probably doesn't have it. It will show clearly on the Windows sticker. The one on the left is mine and the one on the right is the vehicle that dealer just put on the lot.

Reactions: playbeasy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep; I remember a bit of discussion about early builds not getting wireless charging. I don't have it (Jan 7 2020 build date).
Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anything new in the last 5 months? I see I can buy Ford's part for about $125 but I'm not sure how to wire it. I can buy a standalone which plugs into the usb or 12v. I read the factory install will display CHARGING on the screen but it's not worth $5000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't want to keep taking my phone out of the case everytime I want to wireless charge, so I am happy to simply plug the phone in. Having said that, it was something I was hoping to get in my 2020 Titanium Hybrid, but I don't feel like I miss it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts