2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
321 - 323 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
@XCAPE I can't speak for Wrecker, but it seems the $ seems a bit high, even if it includes a 4 wheel alignment. I strongly urge you to not use a tire shop, but instead go to a trusted local mechanic near you. When I first asked around at local places, I asked some Midas or Meineke place about their labor costs and it was high. I really got a "low confidence" take away after meeting them and found myself a good local mechanic instead. If you don't normally go to a local mechanic and just go to "big box mechanics", it might be time for a change...for the better! As far as time goes, being that you have the parts in your possession, you'd probably need 3-4 hours of labor to get it done, maybe 5 if your mechanic is carefully checking/testing the fitment of everything. The time might be less though for the right mechanic. In the front, you'll need to disassemble the upper and lower ball joints to fit the lengthened strut assemblies into place. That's where the bulk of the labor time will be. By the way, if your Escape has more than 50,000 miles, you might as well have the strut assemblies took apart and replace the struts. It'll save you in labor and $ down the road. Don't worry about having the shim the wheels outward. Things will look like normal when you are done. Just be sure to get the 4 wheel alignment afterwards...and mechanics usually do a better job with correct alignments than a big box tire shop. I can tell you horror stories, LOL!!! I hope this helps. Please keep us posted and good luck with the install

·
Registered
2013 Escape SE 2.0 AWD
32 Posts
@XCAPE I agree with needliftnow. It sounds a bit expensive. It might have taken me about 5 hours to do the lift on my Escape, but that included the rear spacers, sway bar end links and shocks. Plus the front spacers. Remember, I was working in my driveway with hand tools. And I am not a trained mechanic.

321 - 323 of 323 Posts