2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

501 - 511 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
947 Posts
I would have thought anywhere between 24 to 26 mpg for mixed traffic/highway and 28 to 30 mpg for all highway is about normal for your vehicle.
Other opinions may differ...;)

There are all sorts of driving hints to improve gas mileage but I am sure you are aware of them...:)

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Since buying my Ford 2 weeks ago I'm averaging 24 mpg combined. Manly highway. Is this the usual mpg. I have read that 26 is the usual. Any advice to get better mpg. Thanks guys.
Have you searched for similar threads? Many others have posted this question.

Reactions: Vader101

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
Since buying my Ford 2 weeks ago I'm averaging 24 mpg combined. Manly highway. Is this the usual mpg. I have read that 26 is the usual. Any advice to get better mpg. Thanks guys.
I merged your thread with one of the many mileage threads. Have a look at some of the posts in this thread. You also could try a search for the other threads related to this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
MPG is very dependent on driving styles, where you’re driving, and fuel. Then there are the usual loads from accessories too. For example, defrost will either cycle the AC compressor or run it full time. Another is how often you need to brake and accelerate and at what rate.

I’m actually getting 22-24 in city with a little hwy driving. But I think that’s normal. I’ve gotten 30-33 mpg on hwy only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
How hard so you accelerate getting onto the hwy? How heavy is traffic? Are you able to maintain an uninterrupted pace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
After putting 10,000 miles on our 2016 1.6L (40,000 total miles) we are averaging 25.6 mpg. Commuting to work in mostly rural highways. Using premium fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
My mileage figures (average since purchase new for each) are below:
First, low miles and mostly city, stop and go.
Second, each has 2.0 EB

2016: 20.16 mpg @15,298 miles
2018: 20.39 mpg @ 7,848 miles (has start/stop but rarely engages)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey just posted on my thread about driver mod. Best way I have found to maintain mpgs is shift into neutral when sitting at redlights/stops. Also slowly accelerating until you see the torque converter lock then slowly add more and more throttle till you get up to speed. To much throttle and your converter will unlock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2015 Escape SE 2.0 4WD. I purchased it in November to replace a 2008 Escape XLT 3.0 4WD. I use it use it mostly on my sales route. a mix of driving, but mainly highway with multiple stops. This winter I averaged 25.5. that's with letting it warm up most morning for 15 minutes. For comparison my 2008 in winter would get about 20. Since its gotten a little warmer my average is up to 26.9. I expect to get around 28 when summer is here. I have taken a few extended east from Wisconsin. Both times on the way east I got over 30 mpg, driving about 72 mph.On the way back west mileage was about 27. I tend to travel a little faster going home, plus traveling west you are typically going into the wind. I have put about 17k on since November. I am really liking it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I finally did it! I hadn't taken my Escape on long road trips just the long commute where I could top out at 28 MPG but on a cruse controlled <75 MPH pace through hills and mountains I got over 30 MPG! I even got the same on the way back so it's not a fluke. Overall I am solidly 24-26 MPG in mixed driving with the 2.0. I must say that finally getting the numbers makes me like the 2.0 even more since when its compared to many of its NA counterparts it does in fact provide the same efficiency and more power.

501 - 511 of 511 Posts