2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine is doing something weird from time to time is like the accel pedal is disconnected from the engine. I need to press it further for the car to react/downshift then accelerate somehow as demanded but not as normal. After a while it works crispy and react great... The without any warning it starts feeling sluggish again... I'm I describing something similar to yours?

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk
That's nothing like what I'm experiencing. Throttle position sensor perhaps?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also had erratic throttle % just like the torque screenshot shown previously. I replaced my TB and TPS which didn't help. I replaced the same solenoid listed previously in this thread which solved the problem. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but did you notice any change in shifting? I have a rough shift between 1 and 2, and 2 and 3. I have a theory that the throttle isn't dipping quick enough, resulting in a rough shift. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but did you notice any change in shifting? I have a rough shift between 1 and 2, and 2 and 3. I have a theory that the throttle isn't dipping quick enough, resulting in a rough shift. Any thoughts?

Good morning, and welcome to the forum.

I don't think it's throttle issue, automatic transmissions have been shifting under load since their inception. That's always been the point of the planetary gear set combined with a fluid-filled torque converter. Is more than likely software related with shift timing, sometimes people get these issues resolved with this software updates in the dealer. The more speeds a transmission gets the harder it is to calibrate smoothly, but of course you'd think the 6F35 would've been figured out before this generation Escape was even released. Apparently not...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine cuts out or hesitates only up hill or heavy accerlation, found this thread, Just ordered solenoid and it came yesterday fingers crossed if fixes same issue for me.. thanks for info!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turns out it was the Boost control solenoid (CJ5Z-9K378-B). Replaced it, and runs great now. Thanks!
first of all, thanks! It sounds like I'm having the exact same problem.
Secondly, has anyone tried changing out the fuel filter? Could this be an issue of not getting enough fuel through a filter?
The reason why I suggest it is because it's only happening when you're accelerating, or under a load. Which would suggest not getting enough fuel.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,412 Posts
it is because it's only happening when you're accelerating, or under a load.
Welcome to the forum. Don't forget that's also when the turbo would be generating boost and the previously mentioned solenoid is operating. Given the multiple previous posts, I'd go with the solenoid- providing all your vehicle services are all up to date (ie. the fuel filter has been changed when required.)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
first of all, thanks! It sounds like I'm having the exact same problem.
Secondly, has anyone tried changing out the fuel filter? Could this be an issue of not getting enough fuel through a filter?
The reason why I suggest it is because it's only happening when you're accelerating, or under a load. Which would suggest not getting enough fuel.
fuel filter issues are almost never mentioned on this forum, which would lead me to consider almost any other cause. however they are usually cheap to replace and can offer peace of mind and to cross one possible cause off the list.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welp, at 126K miles mine is acting up again-surging on uphill. Time to replace the solenoid again...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I solved the problem of erratic acceleration when the engine is cold. I replaced the turbo boost solenoid and it went much easier than I thought. You only need to remove the passenger front wheel to get access. I bought the part from OEM Auto Parts Catalog | GetOEMParts.com
And I followed this YouTube video for a Ford F-150 and found that the remove and replaces very similar.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts