2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi there, Can you please let me know the part number or the link were i can find the replacement.

Best Regards
You need to remove your broken unit and get a number off the back of it. This is the only way. Then just go to eBay and type the number in search window. That's what I did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No Audio Problem Ford Escape Titanium 2016

Hi there,

My name is Mardel Hernandez, I recently bought a 2016 Escape Titanium but I am having this issue with the radio, I have NO AUDIO and can't turn it on. First let me tell you that i had checked the fuse box and all fuses are ok (67, 79 wich concerns to the radio) and the touch screen is working properly as well as the climate control, setting, bluetooth, wifi, cellphone link system and SYNC no issues at all.

Please let me know what can i do and what parts should i buy, cause i live outside the US.

Best Regards

Picture is attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hi there,

My name is Mardel Hernandez, I recently bought a 2016 Escape Titanium but I am having this issue with the radio, I have NO AUDIO and can't turn it on. First let me tell you that i had checked the fuse box and all fuses are ok (67, 79 wich concerns to the radio) and the touch screen is working properly as well as the climate control, setting, bluetooth, wifi, cellphone link system and SYNC no issues at all.

Please let me know what can i do and what parts should i buy, cause i live outside the US.

Best Regards

Picture is attached
You need to check the fuses in the cargo area. The Titanium has the Sony audio and the power amplifier for the speakers is not in the head unit up front. The power unit is located in the spare tire well forward and to the left of the spare tire in a recess in the hard foam. But the fuse for it is in the RJB.

Check fuse F23 in the rear junction box (RJB) which is under the panel on the right side wall of the cargo compartment.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
As well as the fuse, you might try the following:

Disconnect your battery for about 10 minutes (Hard Reboot)

Unplug, then plug back in, the connector at the amplifier in the boot (good time to do this would be when the battery is disconnected)

Try the 'hard' power button for the audio on the dash (just above the 'Source' button)

·
Registered
7 Posts
As well as the fuse, you might try the following:

Disconnect your battery for about 10 minutes (Hard Reboot)

Unplug, then plug back in, the connector at the amplifier in the boot (good time to do this would be when the battery is disconnected)

Try the 'hard' power button for the audio on the dash (just above the 'Source' button)
Hi Again,

Thanks for the advise, but I still can't turn on the radio. See what happends somehow when i touch the screen in the Audio ON/OFF button has no reaction, its like the signal can't make its way to the speakers, but the weird thing is that the screen with all the option works fine.

Let me know what else can i do.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hi Again,

Thanks for the advise, but I still can't turn on the radio. See what happends somehow when i touch the screen in the Audio ON/OFF button has no reaction, its like the signal can't make its way to the speakers, but the weird thing is that the screen with all the option works fine.

Let me know what else can i do.

Thanks
Did you check the fuse in the rear junction box that I told you about?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need to check the fuses in the cargo area. The Titanium has the Sony audio and the power amplifier for the speakers is not in the head unit up front. The power unit is located in the spare tire well forward and to the left of the spare tire in a recess in the hard foam. But the fuse for it is in the RJB.

Check fuse F23 in the rear junction box (RJB) which is under the panel on the right side wall of the cargo compartment.
Hi,

The fuse (25A) is good visually and funtionally (check it with a multimeter), I also disconnected the Sony Amplifier, which seems to me that recieves power cause it was kind of hot (normal amplifier temperature).

Please let me know if there is anything else i can do.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sorry, out of ideas.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Have you tried running the in-vehicle diagnostics? I believe there is an audio test.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Take your car to dealer and ask them to check it. That's what I did. They did it for free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,

I took the car to the dealer and ACM is the problem they gave me this number of part CJ5Z18C869GA but apparently is discontinued and it says is the reciever so I am having my doubts about whats the part, if someone has a good dealer contact in the US, I could make the order and buy the part.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hi there,

I took the car to the dealer and ACM is the problem they gave me this number of part CJ5Z18C869GA but apparently is discontinued and it says is the reciever so I am having my doubts about whats the part, if someone has a good dealer contact in the US, I could make the order and buy the part.

Thanks guys
The ACM (audio control module) is what we would normally refer to as the receiver. I would look at fordparts.com or tascaparts.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just want to say thank you to centex for all his help. I swipe the old unit with one from eBay ($35 total cost instead of $850 at dealer) and everything went smooth and now my wife have her radio back. Took me about 25 min to do it. One advice is those two connections I asked in previous post have to be removed as centex said but I wasn't able to do it by pressing on the tabs with fingers. I have to use a screwdriver to press on it hard enough to unplug them.
Hi KrisIL, was the seller a one time deal or a retailer? If the latter, could you msg me their contact info please? I need an ACM for my 2013 Escape.

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi KrisIL, was the seller a one time deal or a retailer? If the latter, could you msg me their contact info please? I need an ACM for my 2013 Escape.

Thanks, Tim
Tim the guy was selling bunch of them. I think it was a car junk place or something. Let me look for it and I will get back to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will add to the fire because it appears that Ford is completely leaving the chronic APIM / ACIM issues to us to resolve.

Short story - 2013 SEL, bought new, love the car! Had it in twice as detailed below in my email thread to local dealer customer sat liaison. So dealer now wants $900 to repair what I view as a problem reported under warranty 6 years ago that was never resolved. Dealer committed to respond in 24 hours - that was 15 days ago.

Partial email thread:
Sent: 8/26/2019 2:38:04 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
Subject: RE: Regarding your recent visit with us

OK, since I have been out of town and the link to Ford survey has expired, I will provide feedback via a response to this email.

I am very dissatisfied with Ford and XXXXXXXX Service’s handling of the issue I am experiencing with my 2013 Escape. I will provide details:

The car had been into XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Service twice before while under warranty for the same problem – no radio at all and no audio for the Sync phone connection. The first time, a Master Reset of the audio/Sync system resolved the problem. Second time, same problem resolved in the same way BUT I was shown how to do the Master Reset myself so I would not have to schedule service for this issue. No problem for me – and I have done that several times (perhaps 2-4 times per year) and been quite satisfied.

However, the Master Reset no longer solves this issue – thus, this service appointment. I am then told that the issue requires replacement of the ACIM for $900. This is insane! This is a defect dating back at least 5 years and now, when I am no longer covered by warranty, this is what Ford and XXXXXXXXXXXXX are telling me?

I have done some additional research especially on Ford Escape forum. Apparently, I am not alone in having issues with Sync audio. And I am not alone in Ford responding poorly.

This is not good customer service, especially given that I have spent over $150,000 over the last 15 years at XXXXXXX Ford on new vehicles. This disappoints me as a loyal Ford customer. It disappoints me as a XXXXXXXX customer. I return to XXXXXXX because of how I have been treated as a purchaser and a service customer.

I expect more and better from XXXXXXXXXXX and from Ford. I hope to hear something different in the near future on this issue.

End of email
So Ford is, in my view, expecting the customer base to absorb the cost of a chronic hardware defect pervasive in a most popular line. Being a retired hardware computer guy, this is crap - problem is pervasive, a defect in materials probably from a vendor, and Ford is working harder to alienate customers than to fix the problems.
And, yes, Ford, if you are reading this, this will affect future decisions on brand.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
I am then told that the issue requires replacement of the ACIM for $900.
Everywhere you use the term "ACIM", do you actually mean "ACM" (Audio Control Module)?

If the answer is Yes, then there are certainly much more cost-effective (than $900) and lower-aggravation solutions available to you.

Good working condition ACM's are widely available, there's threads here explaining the easy swap, there's even one for sale on this forum at the moment.

Just for your consideration if your interest is getting a solution for much less than $100 and moving on down the road with a working system.

Can't help you if your interest is complaining about Ford or undertaking a 'fight in principal' with them or your dealer.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts