2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
@GRIF3 - my new wheels and tires are going on this week!! Thanks again for all the helpful info.

Long story short, but the Fifteen52's got slammed by Covid shipping delays. They were incredibly nice about a refund, and I am making my way over to some Sparco Terras. Can't wait to join this thread with my own wheel and tire pics; it has been a long time coming!!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape SE AWD 2.0 Ecoboost
52 Posts
@GRIF3 - my new wheels and tires are going on this week!! Thanks again for all the helpful info.

Long story short, but the Fifteen52's got slammed by Covid shipping delays. They were incredibly nice about a refund, and I am making my way over to some Sparco Terras. Can't wait to join this thread with my own wheel and tire pics; it has been a long time coming!!
Heck yeah! Congrats my man. Super stoked to see the new setup!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heck yeah! Congrats my man. Super stoked to see the new setup!
Well, took me long enough to post this, but I have ben busy admiring the new set up. I am thankful this thread was here to offer so much help in my research phase. it truly paid off working with shops for the install, and I have been riding smooth for the past month. Multiple road trips with zero issues and improved comfort (as others have noted on here with increased tire size.)

Here are my specs:

Wheels - Sparco Terra Rally Bronze / 17x7.5 (et +48 I think. new offset definitely did the spacing for me)
Tires - Falken Wild Peak A/T Trail 235/65/r17

I am super pleased with the new set up. There is very minor rubbing in the front', and the bolts holding in the fenderwell tend to rub over compression after bumps/dips on the highway. I think the next mod will be a Tema4x4 30mm front strut spacer. Thanks again everyone!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Bicycle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, took me long enough to post this, but I have ben busy admiring the new set up. I am thankful this thread was here to offer so much help in my research phase. it truly paid off working with shops for the install, and I have been riding smooth for the past month. Multiple road trips with zero issues and improved comfort (as others have noted on here with increased tire size.)

Here are my specs:

Wheels - Sparco Terra Rally Bronze / 17x7.5 (et +48 I think. new offset definitely did the spacing for me)
Tires - Falken Wild Peak A/T Trail 235/65/r17

I am super pleased with the new set up. There is very minor rubbing in the front', and the bolts holding in the fenderwell tend to rub over compression after bumps/dips on the highway. I think the next mod will be a Tema4x4 30mm front strut spacer. Thanks again everyone! View attachment 80216 View attachment 80217 View attachment 80218 View attachment 80219 View attachment 80220
It looks awesome, XCAPE! Glad you're enjoying it and very glad to be able to help out!

·
Registered
14 Posts
How noisy are those tires on the highway? Any noticeable change in your fuel economy?
Tires are not noisy at all. Actually, I found that they are more quiet than the OEM tires that I purchased the car second hand with. They were shot, and with a shorter sidewall just rattled the entire car over hard bumps. Ride is smooth with a 235/65.

Fuel economy is a different one because of the fact that I also added roofrails and am often carrying a bike around. I would say however in general that I barely noticed any change because I also got lighter wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey people!

Just thought I'd drop some pics. as well, by way of report for anyone considering
NO upsizing here- this is a straight same-size replacement, but my 19" rims down to a 17" rim and all weather tires.

RIMS:
Motegi MR142 CS8 Size: 17x7 Offset: +40mm
Tires:
BLIZZAK WS90 - SIZE: 235/55R17

Obviously no problems with rubbing or anything, and they look good I think.
Feel totally the same on dry pavement so far.

I'll probably upsize when these wear out, but I wanted to get the rims on first.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Escape Trend AWD 2.0L diesel
4 Posts
Yeah I was kind of scared that my AT trails wouldn't cut it but they've been amazing I haven't had any punctures like I said I'm over 20,000 miles and I do stuff that people would consider crazy for a Ford escape so I would go with them they're great dual purpose tire and they're going to drive just like normal tires and then if you want something a little more aggressive I would go with the atw threes and with those you will feel a very slight difference in driving one thing to note now I have 18 in rims so I don't have as many options as y'all but I went up two sizes to 235/60r18 with mine so I did have to remove the back mud flaps no problem and the front rub a very tiny bit if you get to full suspension flex (considering .08" front shock spacer to stop this and make clearance equal back but not sure it worth it and don't want to mess with stock suspension cuz it works perfectly as is and does everything I need besides the slight rub that rarely happens) and they're like .9 inches taller and I did feel a slight decrease in power cuz it's having to turn not only a larger diameter but it's slightly heavier wheel and tire so consider that too if you need a little more oomph I would recommend going to unleashed tuning I got there 87 octane tune and one heat range colder plugs gapped at .03 with the sctx4 and it's been really nice it gives a nice little bump in torque for just being a tune.
Am having AT Trails fitted today (stock fitment 235/50R18), so looking forward to seeing how they perform over the OME Conti Contact 5's. Only done 30k kms on Conti's but having to replace as got sidewall chip down to cords, so rendered unsafe. Hopefully the Falkens will be offer better protection. Feel safe making the switch to these mild AT's given the positive feedback from others in the forum. Will look to add couple pics once car picked up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Am having AT Trails fitted today (stock fitment 235/50R18), so looking forward to seeing how they perform over the OME Conti Contact 5's. Only done 30k kms on Conti's but having to replace as got sidewall chip down to cords, so rendered unsafe. Hopefully the Falkens will be offer better protection. Feel safe making the switch to these mild AT's given the positive feedback from others in the forum. Will look to add couple pics once car picked up.
My confidence in the Falken AT's is super high. I've now had both the Trails and the AT3W'S (305/70r16LT's on my old F150) and I absolutely love them. Extremely durable tires. Have never cut chipped or otherwise damaged either model badly enough to need repair, even in conditions I'd have trouble walking in. Roads made entirely of shale shards, gravel, sticks, mud and various debris (driving through Montecito during the mudslides a few years back), snow, slush and slush/mud. Falken AT's have never disappointed. I think you'll be more than pleased 👌🏻

·
Registered
2018 Escape Trend AWD 2.0L diesel
4 Posts
Have just fitted Falken AT Trails to our 2018 AWD diesel Escape. Only done ~100km yet, but really happy so for. Look way better than OEM Continentals, and will enable more confident exploring of NZ back roads. Found other forum members views on them very helpful in lead-up to purchase.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts